empedokles

Dahua and Hikvision with the same software?

Sure, Internet Explorer lets me see either camera. VLC lets me see either camera. Do you mean on a smartphone or are you looking for NVR software? I use IP Cam Viewer and that works with both on my Android devices. I use Milestone XProtect and that has very good smartphone apps for free and they have a free version for up to 8 cameras, works fine with Dahua and Hikvision.

Sure, Internet Explorer lets me see either camera. VLC lets me see either camera. Do you mean on a smartphone or are you looking for NVR software? I use IP Cam Viewer and that works with both on my Android devices. I use Milestone XProtect and that has very good smartphone apps for free and they have a free version for up to 8 cameras, works fine with Dahua and Hikvision.

Do you know if IP Cam Viewer is pulling the RTSP full resolution feed from HikVision cameras or is it trying to pull a lower resolution protocol?

I have the Swann SWNHD-820CAM, and the standard 1080p feeds (on ports 554, and 80) seem to lock up my 10" Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I did notice that the Swann native app, pulls from port 8000, which is a lower resolution feed, but I can't figure out how to pull that same feed on IP Cam Viewer. I believe port 8000 is an SDK protocol feed.

Unfortunately, Swann's native app doesn't support 10" tablets at this time.

Do you know if IP Cam Viewer is pulling the RTSP full resolution feed from HikVision cameras or is it trying to pull a lower resolution protocol?

You can use either main or sub stream.

Can you explain a little how I could access the sub stream? Which protocol would it be?

Can you explain a little how I could access the sub stream? Which protocol would it be?

It looks as though Hikvision has their own native app that I may try to see if it works with that on the Tablet:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mcu.iVMS&hl=en

I have the Swann SWNHD-820CAM, and the standard 1080p feeds (on ports 554, and 80) seem to lock up my 10" Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I did notice that the Swann native app, pulls from port 8000, which is a lower resolution feed, but I can't figure out how to pull that same feed on IP Cam Viewer. I believe port 8000 is an SDK protocol feed.

Unfortunately, Swann's native app doesn't support 10" tablets at this time.

Note that the instructions below are for Hikvision DS-2CD2032/Swann SWNHD-820CAM and Q-See QCN7005B/Dahua IPC-HFW2100. I'm not sure if they work with the other Hikvision and Dahua IP models.

If you want to use the sub-stream (lower resolution) in IP Cam View, you need to do the following:

1. Go to "Manage Camera"

2. Click the "+" button to open the "Add Camera Type" box

3. Click "General URL"

3. The "Add/Edit IP Camera" box should appear

4. Next to the "Make" property, make sure "Generic URL" is selected

5. Next to the "Model" property, make sure "Generic RTSP over TCP" is selected

6. In the "URL" property, following the guideline below to create the RTSP URL:

Hikvision/Swann

rstp://:/Streaming/Channels/[1|2]

Say your camera has an IP address of 192.168.1.1, the rtsp port of the camera is set to 554 and you want the substream, your URL would be:

rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/Streaming/Channels/2

For the main stream, it would be:

rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/Streaming/Channels/1

Q-See/Dahua

rstp://:/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=[0|1]

Using the previous example,

Mainstream URL:

rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

Substream URL:

rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1