Big Discovery

Hi from Motorhome Owner

Hi, I have joined this forum for the following advice.

I am seriously considering installing 4x CCTV camera system and recorder to the four external top corners of our 39ft long, 12ft high motor home and would welcome any advice on what system to use / buy if DIY is possible or what company could install them if not.

Being a motor home and not always possible to connect to mains electric I ask that the system be 12 volt powered this would also allow me to use the system whilst on the move.

To further complicate matters with regard to potential routes for any wiring the motor home has three side slide out, two being on the near side.

Thank you. " title="Applause" />

Despite 223 viewings of my posting there is still no reply to my question relating to the installation of a CCTV system to my motor home, have I forgot to add some details that will enable someone to help?

There're probably 223 people on here that've never done it before. Personally, if I were to do it myself, I'd get a regular old household 120v NVR kit with IP66 rated cameras (they've gotta be REALLY weatherproof to survive 65mph in a downpour) and run it from a true sine wave inverter (which the RV might already have). Add an extra battery or three for capacity plus a battery isolator and the electrical supply part is done. The trickiest part is the wiring and mounting bolts and making sure the holes don't leak a year or two after you install them. RVs are hard enough to keep watertight as they come from the factory without adding even more holes.