Sign in to follow this  
empedokles

Dahua IPC-HFW3300C vs. Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-IS

What gives you that impression. You may want to go to each companies website and compare specs first.

Just the cars in the vids on youtube. Looking forward for your review.

I don't have that model Hikvision, but I'm not happy with the HFW3300C image quality in mixed light. The picture is very soft and muddy in the shadow portions when part of the image is bright. Between that and the awful Dahua tech support, I've given up on them. Maybe the next generation will be better, though.

Here's an example. 25' away from the HFW3300C in 3MP mode, mid afternoon, lots of light - shouldn't be very challenging. These zoomed snaps were taken about 5' away from each other within a minute or two. On the first one, you can see that the detail right behind me is completely blurred, even though the well lit detail is not bad.

Good lighting:

223051_1.jpg

Shadow a few feet away:

223051_2.jpg

I think its amazing how HD IP changed the game of surveillance.

The kind of snaps you are showing just a few years ago would probably be considered high end for analog equipment.

These days with high definition TV, monitors, etc. a little soft image or blurriness and we say = "wow this is terrible."

Amazing... How a few short years and what used to be considered state of the art is now junk you may find placed out on the curb for garbage collection.. " title="Applause" />

I don't have that model Hikvision, but I'm not happy with the HFW3300C image quality in mixed light. The picture is very soft and muddy in the shadow portions when part of the image is bright. Between that and the awful Dahua tech support, I've given up on them. Maybe the next generation will be better, though.

Here's an example. 25' away from the HFW3300C in 3MP mode, mid afternoon, lots of light - shouldn't be very challenging. These zoomed snaps were taken about 5' away from each other within a minute or two. On the first one, you can see that the detail right behind me is completely blurred, even though the well lit detail is not bad.

Good lighting:

223051_1.jpg

Shadow a few feet away:

223051_2.jpg