blowrabbit

sanyo tiger dvrs

i recently had a demo on site with a new sanyo tiger dvr. i was not impressed at all with the "ROI" region of interest function that was supposed to take a selected portion of the video and greatly enhance it at the expense of the rest of the picture. i really could not see any difference? has anyone else used this dvr and tried this??

I would also like to know the max recorded resolution of these DVR's or any Sanyo DVR's. All there spec brochures say 720 x 240 Resolution but I am assuming thats display only..

Any input will help. thanks.

At first, the 720 x 240 specification scared me away from the Sanyo DVRs. However, another dealer kept saying how great the M-Jpeg pictures were and that the Sanyo DVRs were quality bulit. Plus some of the posts on this site convinced me to try one on an installation. The Cheetah 3716 produces a far better image than the GE DVMRe-16CT series and is much more cost effective. The think the 720 x 240 is the field resolution, but I could be wrong....

Has any used any stand-alone NVRs with IP and analog inputs? Some of my customers just need to access the "DVR" from their desktop when needed and will not be monitored unless there's an issue.

Thanks

We have used sanyo dvr for about 4 years now. Now that thier newest model has came out we are starting to look at other DVRs. While we like the dvr our customers don't. poor remote viewing. We have a 3016-H500 installed at Fenway Park in boston.

I havent used them directly, but i wasnt impressed with their remote video software when i tested it out from a member here. I still prefer the GE DVR software for a stand alone.

Rory, I agree that the GE Wavereader software is hard to beat. Sanyo says the VA-SW5000 Spider software is available that provides a higher level of remote viewing capability. Another thing about the Sanyo 3716 is that motion detection is only recorded as an alarm. It would be better to have the program option of motion detection as an event to the "normal" section of the HD or an alarm to the "alarm" section of the HD....