Sign in to follow this  
dave3

IP Camera with PTZ/IR Cut/ Clear Night View

Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong section so please move it if you need to.

I currently run a Tenvis JPT3815W (2013 Version) IP Cam to keep an eye on my car out side my house (it was a bit of a test/trial so didn't go out and buy an expensive one)

I've decided its time to move up to a better quality cam so I'm looking for some advice on what to buy next...

The camera would need to be IP Controlled/Support PTZ/IR Cut and have decent Night Vision. (range 15-20 meters) and be used outdoors.

I'm happy to spend up to £150 possibly a little extra if needs be but would like one that ticks all the boxes.

Hope you guys can help with your expertise.

Thanks,

Dave

£150 for a decent IP PTZ camera? I don't think that is going to happen at that price.

http://www.apexis.com.cn/en/productsdetails_183.html

http://www.apexis.com.cn/en/productsdetails_202.html

You could get something like the Apexis APM-J901-Z-WS, but I would not call it a quality cam. It would probably something like what you already have, but outdoors and with 3x zoom.

Maybe there's a 10x exchange rate from the UK to the USD, dunno. If you want a good low buck PTZ camera, the Dahua SD3282D does 1080P and 3x optical zoom, pretty nice little PTZ and in the US it's about $599 USD.

ACTi is releasing the B series, low cost mini-PTZ, but should be about in mid-Jan and should be under a $1,000 USD from what they said at the last trade show but with 10X zoom but won't know until they hit the distributors. The models are the B94 (1.3MP), B95 (2MP), B96 (5MP).

If quality or resolution does not matter, the Foscam FI8620 PTZ is about $400ish in the U.S. VGA resolution, 10x zoom. Can't really recommend it, not sure anyone here would but wanted to set the low bar for price expectations.

The problem with these inexpensive PTZ is they do not have any illumination built in. Afraid that the few that have IR illuminators built in would be more expensive.

Edited by Guest

You don't need ptz to watch your car. Get a camera with a wide field of view and it should cover the entire driveway. Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I with 4mm or Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I that is varifocal and can be set to a wider 2.8mm, plus you get sd card recording with the 2CD2732F.