Sign in to follow this  
jw9424

NVR recommendation for hikvision cameras

Hi, I just started setting up an ip camera system. I've got three hikvision 2032 bullets so far. I'm looking for a standalone NVR that is compatible with my cameras. Any thoughts on a solid NVR that is reasonably priced. Say around $500 or less?

I utilize a NAS device to backup all of my cameras. I was on really old software and I had problems with the camera's stopping to record data once the hard disk was full. In the new software they allow you to overwrite so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I would suggest a 500GB drive/drives to be on the safe side. I have had problem with drives any larger.

You could build a cheap 500GB Raid1 NAS for about $300, including the 2 hard drives.

Why not get the 8 channel Hikvision NVR for under $400. Add a hard drive for under $100 and done.

I do believe I'm going to go this route. I was just seeing if there were any other comparable NVR's out there in the same price range. I think this is probably the best way to go just for compatibility. Thanks for the reply.

Why not get the 8 channel Hikvision NVR for under $400. Add a hard drive for under $100 and done.

I do believe I'm going to go this route. I was just seeing if there were any other comparable NVR's out there in the same price range. I think this is probably the best way to go just for compatibility. Thanks for the reply.

Check out this thread, I posted a similar question.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39085