shelby_sho

lorex playback slow and choppy

I just installed one of the lorex 8 channel (6 camera) 1080P NVR systems (Lorex LNR382). Everything seemed to go ok, but video playback using the iphone app, or the nethd pc client software is really slow and choppy.

It takes several seconds per second of recorded footage to display. The fast forward modes (x2, x4) don't play any faster. This happens when I connect with a wired connection over the LAN or if I go somewhere offsite and view it remotely.

Any ideas? It replays fine if I stand at the NVR. I've tried adjusting the record settings for the main stream and substream, but I haven't found a combination that works well.

Any ideas what to try or where the bottle neck might be? I can't imagine that the rest of the users are accepting this.

LNR380, Cisco Linksys E3200 router

There's something wrong if the NVR and a PC are wired to the same router. That should be fluid. I have win7 running in virtualbox and I can get 25fps (seems to be the max through web interface) on a swann NVR I just got.

Firewall? Network saturated (someone watching netflix, gaming, etc while you are doing this)? Double check network settings so there aren't any conflicts. New firmware for router?

BTW, you have an NVR not a DVR. This thread is in the wrong place.

I just purchased the LNR380 it is 6 camera deal + NVR from costco.

images look good, but playback is HORRIBLE. I dare not install the camera until this is figured out.

So i dropped the bitrate down from 4095 to 2048. Dropped the 1080p to 720 frame size. Dropped video quality from Medium to Low.

It's still garbage, and now 2 of 6 cameras are not coming online.

Awesome $1,100 costco deal... 5 hours later. Thank goodness for costco's return policy.

I'm better off with the $299 qsee model i have at my other property. Can barely make out images but it works!

So i dropped the bitrate down from 4095 to 2048. Dropped the 1080p to 720 frame size. Dropped video quality from Medium to Low.

Awesome $1,100 costco deal... 5 hours later. Thank goodness for costco's return policy.

I'm better off with the $299 qsee model i have at my other property. Can barely make out images but it works!

if it works at the Nvr, then you most likely have a network issue..

go to main menu>recording configuration>record quality. sounds like you are on substream when you should be on mainstream.

I found that if you use the "Device ID" instead of the "IP/DDNS" for your connection settings, you are directing the NVR to use Lorex's Stratus cloud servers. I believe that this method limits your data rate to that of your Internet connection. In my case I have DSL. So looking at my network meter widget, the data rate going through their cloud was only 2.5 to 3 Mb/s. Once I switched the connection setting for the NVR to its IP address, the data rate jumped to around 40 Mb/s since it was going directly through my router to my computer.

At least that's what I think is going on.

I know this is an old thread, but

Thanks for the help. What I did to fix the problem for all streaming

Change Substream settings for each camera

On my lorex app it is Remote Setting - > Network -> SubStream I selected channel 1 increased FPS to 30 adn then increased Bitrate to 512. and clicked save. did the same for channel 2 and on.

Now my crappy system is a little more less crappy.

The web apps now look like live cameras