insecure_84

Assistance with a Pacom PDRH-208 DVR, to give Elderly Peace

Hi All,

I have recently moved into a quiet Apartment Block with a lot of very elderly retired people, where the average age is 80.

We are having a fair bit of theft activity happening because of this.

I have just learned we have a security system, that is not looking to be secure at all.

Recently we had a residents bike stolen, and we caught the thief on footage and the Car that was used to assist with the theft. Unfortunaly the camera footage looks to be hopeless see attached.

Apprently the thief has a remote to gain access too the Garage doors, (could be a universal remote, or he has stolen this off a resident)

I know nothing from Video Recording / Security Camera World however I am willing to learn ASAP to secure the place better if it can be helped with the current equipment until a proposal for better equipment is approved by strata / residents.

I had a brief look at this DVR system which is a Pacom PDRH-208.

http://www.pacom.com.au/common/Pacom/Files/S82644.pdf

I cannot find a manual for it and the closet thing that looks like it is:

http://www.pacom.com.au/common/Pacom/Files/S82645-PDRH-416_Manual_v1.1.pdf

So I have some quick questions and I hope you guys can assist:

* How do you get clear Camera footage of the theieves wearing hoods, how would you have the cameras placed, and have you guys got around this?

Tonight I will check on the DVR these settings to hopefully assist with getting better Image quality next time.

* Disable Audio (they never even bother with this with when viewing recordings so I will check it's turned off)

* Change the Video Quality from whatever it is to High or Very High (yes I know the internal stroage requirements will now have to change same with the IPS settings however the image quality is poor check attached images.)

* Check Recycle is on so we never run out of disk space, (retention settings will change).

* Check De-Interlace is enabled.

* Check the version of software and upgrade the firmware when the manufacturer get's back to me.

Is there anything more I should check from your perspectives?

FYI the Camera system has a one click zoom, this is so blurred thanks to the awesome quality it was recorded at, or perhaps it's the cameras...

I am yet to find out what brand and type of cameras are with this system and hope to find out.

Thanks in advance for your input and suggestions.........

camerafootage.PNG.968401196a39401fa5d3ecb242936bcb.PNG

camerafootage2.PNG.0ecab33ed45f21970e90c05893e7c744.PNG

camerafootage4.PNG.fe4e36acb7241e44fded21e2bd8d6d50.PNG