bghayad

Video and Audio Monitoring and Recording via wireless IP CAM

Hello;

I am looking for wireless IP cam to do video and audio monitoring and recording, is there a recommended brand and model that is stable and equivalent for CCTV?

Regards

Bilal

Indoors, outdoors, price range, resolution, day only, day/night, built in illuminators?

I'll throw out two simple indoor solutions that are WiFi and have built in Mic and Speakers;

AVTech AVN813 - I reviewed the AVN812 but the AVN813 adds an SD card slot for recording. Is day only but has a white LED illuminator.

Brickcom WMB-300Ap - is day/night, 3MP, has an IR LED illuminator.

Check your local laws on audio recording. In the U.S., about 16 states don't allow audio recording unless all parties in a conversation agree.

Hello;

Need it to be: Indoors, high resolution, day/night?

Built in illuminators?

* What do you mean by built in illuminators

Brickcom WMB-300Ap - is day/night, 3MP, has an IR LED illuminator.

Seems this is what we need, but 3 MP is high resolution? Where the recording will happen?

IR LED illuminator: Can u please explain for me the illuminator and how this IR LED will work?

I need 10 cameras with their mic, how much it cost? Where the storing will happen and what are the requirements for this storing?

From the other side, wireless IP CAM is better or CCTV with DRV is better? I am talking about live picture and high resolution.

Regards

Bilal

3mb (Brickcom) is excellent for quality (especially and quite rare for wireless). Illuminators (IR) make it 'see' in the dark.

10 of these will over-saturate a single wireless router for sure, so be sure to compensate for that. Recording is done on the SD card or to a NVR.

You'll be paying major bucks for this setup. Why wireless?

Hello;

Recording is done on the SD card or to a NVR.

* This SD or NVR will be fixed in computer or where? What is the difference between SD and NVR?

You'll be paying major bucks for this setup. Why wireless?

Because I do not need to go into cabling scenario, that is why I need wireless.

Can I know what I need for this solution (CAMS, mic, speaker, access point, computer, ... etc)?

Regards

Bilal

With the Brickcom you'll need to buy the cameras and MicroSD cards to record on the camera. Brickcom is the only company I would trust with this high a resolution and WiFi as they have very good radios. Not much competition in this space.

And I agree, 10 3MP cameras will totally wipe out a consumer grade WiFi network. You may want to look into a commercial WiFi solution to handle the workload. Take a look at the Ubiquiti Unifi AP Pro, looks like a smoke detector, works pretty well. They sell them in convenient 3-packs for $650. You installed them at different locations near the cameras and use a special Ubiquiti PoE Tough Switch (TS-5) to power them and connect them to your network. This will give you WiFi range and the bandwidth you need for the 10 cameras and still let you use WiFi for other stuff like laptops, tablets and such.

Figure the cameras with microSD cards will set you back about $4,000 and the WiFi access points another $750 not including wiring costs.

With the Brickcom you'll need to buy the cameras and MicroSD cards to record on the camera. Brickcom is the only company I would trust with this high a resolution and WiFi as they have very good radios. Not much competition in this space.

Is it possible to be able to move the camera up/down/left and right?

And I agree, 10 3MP cameras will totally wipe out a consumer grade WiFi network.

Are you talking about the area to cover or the bandwidth?

The area is 10 x 20 = 200 meter square

If you are talking about the bandwidth, how much each camera with the voice is going to consume bandwidth?

Figure the cameras with microSD cards will set you back about $4,000 and the WiFi access points another $750 not including wiring costs.

Why to use microSD and not storing the video with the audio at the computer? If can be stored at the computer, then it will be stored as MP3 that contains audio and video or how?

Can I see the video live from TV LCD?

Regards

Bilal

There are a lot of ways to set these systems up. You should read though the forums here, you will find answers to a lot of your questions.

Sounds to me you need a NVR, and have the cameras save there. Then you can access it from your computer. But I don't know the specifics on those cameras and what all they can do, you will need to check the manuals.

These cube style cameras can be mounted on a wall, ceiling, placed on a desk, no problem aiming them as you wish. You can chose to record audio or not. The video and audio are put together in one video file using the h.264 codec.

It's not about distance, it's about bandwidth. Figure each camera will be putting out about 6Mbps for each connection, so in theory 10 is 60Mbps, so in theory you would be OK with say an "802.11N" router, but it's misleading, you'll never reach the maximum rated speed for a WiFi router. Also you may have other things going that use WiFi and you may have multiple connections to the camera, for example if multiple people are viewing or recording. Then if you use a home type WiFi router, it's even worse. Commercial grade WiFi APs can run about 3-4x the speed of home WiFi, so maybe one Ubiquiti Unifi Pro may do it, maybe not. What I would recommend is you setup a separate WiFi network for the cameras from your office network as you don't want to slow down what you currently do.

As for recording, you said you were looking for cameras to do recording, these cameras record within the camera. If you have a PC, you may want to consider getting NVR software to do the recording and provide an easy way to see all cameras on one display and have remote access if needed. For a reasonably low cost solution for an office, I would recommend Milestone XProtect Essential, about $49 per camera for the license. It's very efficient so you can use a slower PC, like one with an i3 or i5 Intel processor. You can view the cameras on any PC using their client, you can also view using a browser or smartphone apps.

Really I decided to use wired IP CAM because I am afraid that the recording will stop in case of any failure or disconnectivity for the access point (by hand or for any other technical reason).

Is there another model that is cheaper and compete in the price?

Recording to be at computer.

By the way, is it cheaper to take IP CAM or to take those that is working with DVR?

The product is made in "where"?

Regards

Bilal

Finally came to your senses. Yes, wired is the best way to go. Do you still need audio or just video?

Cameras are made all over world, where would you like it made keeping mind that prices depend on country of origin. In terms of general price from least to most expensive I would say;

1. Mainland China (Hikvision, Dahua are the top brands)

2. Taiwan (ACTi, AVTech, Brickcom, Messoa, Geovision, Vivotek)

3. U.S./Canada/Europe (Axis, Mobotix, Stardot, Avigilon, Arecont, IQInvision)

With audio.

Please quote me the best quality even if it is chinese (although I prefer to use US or Europe).

But remember, prices need to be competed to be able to sell in the market.

Regards

Bilal

Mobotix D15 or M15 has 2 way audio built in with microphone and speaker. The Axis P33 series has microphone built in, but requires an external powered speaker. Both do not have illuminators built in, don't know if that's important.

Cube cameras tend to have audio but not PoE, a few do like the Axis M1054 and the Brickcom MB-300Ap. Also trying to get some new cameras that do this for a review from Hikvision.

Some cameras have 2-way audio with illuminators but you need to add a microphone and speaker if you want to use that feature like the Hikvision ds-2cd2732f-is.

Mobotix D15 or M15 has 2 way audio built in with microphone and speaker.

So the only one that is working IP Based and POE with Day and night and has mic and speaker is this cam?

And is it better to use IP Based or to use DVR based?

Regards

Bilal