alborg

IP CCTV As a Business

Hi All,

I'm looking for some general advice as I am very new to this forum and completely new to CCTV. I have been working in IT (technical role diagnosing/fixing faults) for the last 16 years and looking to emmigrate and set up a business overseas. I have a few idea's for a business with IP CCTV being one of them. I believe there would be a demand for IP CCTV in my country of choice servicing businesses and residential area's.

My question is does anyone currently on the forum run an IP CCTV business (installing and servicing/supporting) and if so can they offer any advice? Can you recommend any training courses in the UK or a good place to start? Is the business profitable?

I have done a search on google and found a few training companies but would prefer first hand advice.

Many thanks,

A

CCTV as a business is and can be profitable if managed correctly.

1. You should try an analog system first to get your feet wet and to understand the basics.

2. Explorer HD-SDI as well as IP (Each have there niche)

3. Develop a business plan with a marketing plan

4. Have phenomenal support. Because you can understand the system doesn't mean your customer can. They will have questions.

I know of training in the USA but know of only 1 in the UK. PM me for details.

CCTV as a business is and can be profitable if managed correctly.

1. You should try an analog system first to get your feet wet and to understand the basics.

2. Explorer HD-SDI as well as IP (Each have there niche)

3. Develop a business plan with a marketing plan

4. Have phenomenal support. Because you can understand the system doesn't mean your customer can. They will have questions.

I know of training in the USA but know of only 1 in the UK. PM me for details.

Hi Varascope,

Thanks for your reply and advice. Have sent you a PM.

A