empedokles

DS-2CD2632F-IS Installation

Hello.

I need some help in installing this camera on Win XP. It's connected to my router and the cable (cat5e) goes trough an TP-Link injector.

The CD that came with doesn't have the model on it's list (there are just older model numbers).

How to install and use it?

Okay, I can see it with Hikvision SADP. But if I open Firefox 26.0 and try to access 192.0.0.64 I get a browser loaderror / timeout instead of video. What to do?

Okay, I can see it with Hikvision SADP. But if I open Firefox 26.0 and try to access 192.0.0.64 I get a browser loaderror / timeout instead of video. What to do?

Your computer is probably on a different subnet, being 192.168.1.x the most common. You will have to change the IP on the camera to a IP on your same network, like 192.168.1.64 (mask 255.255.255.0) instead of 192.0.0.64.

Altered the IP adress (and the IPv4 Gateway) both to 192.168.1.64.

Firefox is just showing a blank (white) page with the name index (it takes a while, but no error).

While Chrome couldn't establish a connection to http://192.168.1.64/

Just to make sure, try with IE. Older firmwares did not support Firefox/Chrome, just IE. The gateway should normally be your router (192.168.1.1).

You could also update the camera with 5.1 firmware, but I would not try it before being able to connect ok to the camera.

Just downloaded iExplorer 8 for Win XP. And set Gateway to 192.168.1.1.

It says the website can't be shown either.

What next? Shall I look up my Subnet adresses somewhere in Win XP?

Make sure the web port on the camera is 80, and that you are connecting to the right port. Also, try to ping the camera to see if you get a reply on the IP.

First make sure your PC is on the same subnet. Open a command window (I believe in XP you click START, then RUN, type in cmd or command. Then enter ipconfig and usually the top one is the one you are using and it will have 3 things you need, it's IPv4 Address, it's Subnet Mask and the Default Gateway.

Tell us what it says there...

Hello

Ipconfig says:

IP-Adress: 192.168.1.40

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway 192.168.1.1

Port in SADP is 8000 by default.

SADP is reverting the values to factory defaults after some time.

Port 8000 is not really relevant, it uses port 80 for the web browser interface and 554 for RTSP. When you set the camera up, make sure the subnet and default gateway are the same and use the IP address in the same subnet as you did, 192.168.1.64 as you said but you said you made the gateway the same, it should be the 192.168.1.1.

It's common, wasted hours trying to figure out why I couldn't access some cameras from my laptop via the router to find the installer used the wrong gateway address on some of them. It would work if the Laptop was on the same switch, but once you connect to the router, the router gateway address is key.

Ipconfig says:

IP-Adress: 192.168.1.40

Default gateway 192.168.1.1

In SADP the settings are as following:

Ip-Adress: 192.168.1.64

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Although I already used this settings yesterday. I now saw the Hikvision box in the browser this time. But if I try to login there comes a box:

"Network unnormal"

Sometimes it reverts the camera to factory-settings afterwards.

I need some help in installing this camera on Win XP. It's connected to my router and the cable (cat5e) goes trough an TP-Link injector.

Your network settings are fine now.

Reading this, and your network problems/reset to defaults, I would get rid of that POE injector, and try with a 12V power supply.

So far it didn't revert anymore now. I don't have a 12V supply. I bought the injector intentionally for this camera (because I was told here to do so). Do I have to access my router and give you what's written there?

Well, the fact that the camera says that there is some problem with the network is not a good sign.

Open again a DOS prompt (start, run, command or cmd) and instead of doing "ipconfig", do a "ping 192.168.1.64 -t". That pings the camera until you tell it to stop.

238858_1.png

Let it ping for a couple minutes if you want, and finish with CTRL+C. You should have no packet loss and ping times of about 1ms, something like this.

238858_2.png

What are the specs on that computer? Maybe it is way too old to be able to handle a 1920x1080 video stream?

I seem to get the same.

Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @1.86GHz,

1.58GHz

0.99 GB Ram

The cable which leads to the router is by the way cat5 and not cat5e. Is that a problem?

crop.jpg.3c05e8bd61184c571ba4bfb306bf534d.jpg

It could be a problem; it might not if it is not too long. I also think that the computer can be a problem, since the specs are so low.

I do not know how much hardware you have around, but I would try it with a decent computer, and with a short UTP cable connected next to the POE injector.

You mean I should replace the 30m with a shorter cable? The one from the Router to the injector is 0.5m cat5e already The cable from the PC to the router 1.5m cat5. I have only cat5 cables left though.

I have an iMac from 2007 with more RAM with no router (I reckon I couldn't use the cam straight from the Ethernet slot here on my PC) and I'm not sure if I can use Hikvision on a Mac.

Attached also a few pics of the funny reverts (the build changes!).

sadp.thumb.jpg.9dbfa5b1c3b50b3ec94c19ce934985b0.jpg

sadp2.thumb.jpg.ce33b4d6e99890875047d4f165b48943.jpg

sadp2revert.thumb.jpg.5fb2fbe3c99d8b253424cbe92b1c4a7b.jpg

You mean I should replace the 30m with a shorter cable? The one from the Router to the injector is 0.5m cat5e already The cable from the PC to the router 1.5m cat5. I have only cat5 cables left though.

I have an iMac from 2007 with more RAM with no router (I reckon I couldn't use the cam straight from the Ethernet slot here on my PC) and I'm not sure if I can use Hikvision on a Mac.

Attached also a few pics of the funny reverts (the build changes!).

I would try with a shorter cable, yes, to make sure there is not a power (POE) or network problem. There shouldn't be I think if it is replying ok to pings, but the fact that it was going back to defaults...

And I would also try with a computer that I know is able to decode 1080p with no problems, I do not know if an iMac from 2007 would do. Or even a smartphone/tablet.

I would try with a shorter cable, yes, to make sure there is not a power (POE) or network problem. There shouldn't be I think if it is replying ok to pings, but the fact that it was going back to defaults...

And I would also try with a computer that I know is able to decode 1080p with no problems, I do not know if an iMac from 2007 would do. Or even a smartphone/tablet.

I tried it with the shorter cable. Still got the network unnormal error in hikvision and it then sets the camera back to factory defaults. I don't have a better machine handy currently. Can't the ipcam be used without going over the router somehow? (maybe the router is the problem?)

Either the camera is malfunctioning and you should get it replaced or repaired or the PoE injector is faulty and not providing the correct power. If you know someone nearby that you can test the camera on a different PoE injector or switch, that would be easiest. What city are you located in, maybe someone on this forum can help.

Either the camera is malfunctioning and you should get it replaced or repaired or the PoE injector is faulty and not providing the correct power. If you know someone nearby that you can test the camera on a different PoE injector or switch, that would be easiest. What city are you located in, maybe someone on this forum can help.

I doubt there are many people from Switzerland here. Why can't I use the cam without the injector directly on my PC? If the injector would be faulty, why can I ping the cam?

I doubt there are many people from Switzerland here. Why can't I use the cam without the injector directly on my PC? If the injector would be faulty, why can I ping the cam?

You can, with a 12V power supply, which you also don't have. The fact that you can ping the cam does not mean it is working properly or that it is geting the right power.

Several things can be wrong here, being the camera just one of them. The camera, POE injector, cat5 cable, router/switch, a computer from too many years ago, ... and it seems you do not have many things to try with.

Yes, that one should work. If you try with that power supply the cable should not matter, since you will not be powering the camera over the UTP cable.