empedokles

DS-2CD2632F-IS Installation

I hooked up the externaly powered cam directly to the PC now and still got this "Network unnormal" message if I try to login to Hikvision over firefox.

Internet explorer 8 doesn't even show the hikvision surface. There is some network diagnosis message (attachement).

ie.jpg.d7e9509690f31d39adc6535669aabb2b.jpg

Still won't work on Iexplorer or Chrome. The only positive thing is I haven't expected any reverts since external powerage. Is there a SADP for Mac?

Back going through router/injector if I change the IP to say 192.168.1.29 or 31 I won't see the Hikvision login-surface.

That surface still appears independently under 192.168.1.64 if I set the cam to 192.168.1.29.

No, but there's Windows you can run on a Mac, I use Fusion and Windows 7 on my Mac.

Also, there's an Hikvision iVMS for the Mac at the link below. It's not as easy to use as SADP but Mac users are used to adversity.

http://www.hikvision.com/en/download_more.asp?id=958

I don't have Windows or Fusion available, but Installed iVMS4200 on OSX Mountain Lion. I could see the camera (running on 12V, I can see the infrared Leds at night) under 192.0.0.64 and give it a name. But how to access the image/video in iVMS?

I don't have Windows or Fusion available, but Installed iVMS4200 on OSX Mountain Lion. I could see the camera (running on 12V, I can see the infrared Leds at night) under 192.0.0.64 and give it a name. But how to access the image/video in iVMS?

How about checking out iVMS-4200 manual...?

By copying the available ethernet settings from my iMac

IP 169.254.84.34

Subnet 255.255.0.0

and setting the found camera to this same parameters I got liveview.

Seems the camera is alright then.

What do I have to loosen in order to turn the zoom wheel on this Hikvision?

204105870_Bildschirmfoto2014-01-10um17_33_38.thumb.png.3ff58870f30fb94f7e17a31d0c080041.png

Are you sure you can do this? You had so much trouble with the easy stuff. Have not seen that specific camera, but in most you unscrew the front cap that's over the lens and there's two wands on the lens, one for focus, one for focal length.

Each wand usually has a slot on top for a screw driver or knurled ends. You loosen the wand and that allows you to move the wand to turn the lens. This is a long tedious process, if this is your first time, it's best if you go to café in Amsterdam and relax first. Use full resolution, open the Iris (I believe that camera has auto-iris), use a large monitor, a 65" LCD TV works best and enjoy. The tricky part is not getting focus and focal length, the tricky part is tightening the wands without losing it.

Well, I actually got the varilens, because someone here told me it is achievable from the outside and an easy process.

Well... Yeah. And connecting to the camera and watching the video feed is also an easy process.

And it took you three days.

Good luck.

Well... Yeah. And connecting to the camera and watching the video feed is also an easy process.

And it took you three days.

Good luck.

Funnily by stumbling myself upon it, so much for easiness.

Where you able to change the focal length and re-focus?

I haven't tried yet. Still would like to run it on Windows first. Obvisiously my Windows XP does DHCP and I haven't seen a setting to set the cam in SADP to allow DHCP. Maybe DHCP is the problem?

239182_1.jpg

You should never use DHCP with a camera but if you insist, you can set the camera to DHCP in the Network menu, it's a check box.

SADP doesn't have such a menu, do you mean ivs4200?

Where do I disable DHCP? (It seems to be the better choice.)

What makes you think it would be a "better" choice? Having the IP on your camera change randomly seems a good choice to you?

What makes you think it would be a "better" choice? Having the IP on your camera change randomly seems a good choice to you?

If I disable DHCP it shouldn't change randomly anymore.

The network menu on your camera, not SADP.

239209_1.jpg

I wasn't able to login into this Hikvision surface.

I now disabled DHCP on my router (by disabling the checkbox at the bottom):

239212_1.jpg

I then could login for the first time to the hikvision surface, but it didn't last long. Obvisiously Windows XP itself does still DHCP:

239212_2.jpg