DD

Spying on fish

Hi all, I'm pretty new to this and would appreciate any ideas you have.

We are replacing an old VHS based system at a fish weir. We are looking at two of these cameras for the underwater footage : http://client5.activdemo.com/web/site/Products/UnderwaterImaging/ColourCameras/Colour_Cameras.asp

What we would like to do is have a PC set up for recording/viewing of the footage. We only need the first 10 minutes of every hour recorded and would like it to be in an easy format that we could burn a week or more onto a CD/DVD and review later. I was looking at using the VJUSB-4 package form Video Insight, but would like to get some of your opinions before I spend the $.

I don't need the remote viewing, archiving, ect . . but I do need something that is going to be reliable since it will be at a vary remote location. Mostly I just need something that will display the two cameras, record 10 minuet clips, allow the biologists to review the clips, and a way to burn the clips to disks.

What do you think, am I on the right track?

Thanks

DD

VST:

Thanks for the reply. I'm more interested in the recording/vewing setup. The camereas are going to be submerged for 4 mounths and replacing them mid way would not be easy.

Thanks

DD

Thanks, I'll look into thoes.

Does anyone have experiance with this software? I would like to know how it stores it's files. Is there a folder with a bunch of time stamed AVI or MPG files? I'm most conserned about how easy it will be to work with the files once they have been created.

thanks

DD

Do you mean Video Insight? If so Thomas works for them so would be able to answer any questions you have on that.