surf1div1

Back to Square 1...Vandalism revisited...

To make a long story short- the individual that was supposed to install a system flaked- on me and the company he was worked for the previous 5 years. So, I'm back to square 1- I've now addressed some issues though in this post to address previous questions.

First my original post on the subject here for the historical: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=17523&highlight=vandalism#17523

Budget- $3000 installed - Prefer Bulltets (there's enough light for a shadow to be slightly cast as I walk across the street from the streetlight) and I DON"T want IR illuminators if possible. Optimally I would love a varifocal Hi-Res B/W in a bullet.

PC Based DVR that will be in the office (just above the garage in the photos)

I've included pictures taken of the home with the motorhome in front here:

http://spaces.msn.com/members/surf1div1/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_photoalbum=showdefault&_c02_owner=1&_c=photoalbum

I'm partial to the discreet bullet's that Rory's mentioned, or 2'nd choice the domes (is Wiz Kid still preferred?) but need the part numbers you've referenced. Also, suggestions as to getting the parts online or through a contact on this list and then finding an installer out here in California (is $50-75 still the going price per camera?)

Now, I'm in the process of considering any suggestions for what you would do under the previous comments or if there's been any advances in equipment, please suggest away. I'm also open to a PC DVR system. What I would like is a minimum of two cameras in the front (on both sides of the house) one off the entry and one for the backyard.

Surf1div1

Can you actually get a licensed and bonded contractor to do that install for ~$70 per camera??? I wouldn't touch that; it is next to impossible to run and grow a business on labor alone. We need the margins on equipment as well, at least for anybody not working out of thier trunk/garage. Perhaps I should start another thread, but has anybody priced insurance lately?

Thanks for your feedback...I had read on this forum (and it's been awhile back) that $75 per camera was fair, but you've raised some issues that take into consideration as you stated insurance, etc. With the overhead going through someone, yes, that could be too little. I'm not sure which is why I posted pictures to determine what it would take (labor wise) and get the feedback that you've provided. One individual locally quoted $95 per hour, and I thought that was high, but knew that was the owner/operator. Optimatlly, and this is a consideration, I would like to get someone who's an employee of a company doing this for a living that would set the whole thing up and pay them approax what they would make at double their hourly and still come out ahead. If their paid $20 hourly and I pay them $40 for the overtime they would have to put in, would that be fair? But, who know's how long it would take to install two cameras on each end of the garage, one by the front, and the hardest one in the back yard? Thus the pictures to get an idea. Optimally I would want the entrance cam and the two front cam's in the front of the garage to be routed through that office you see in the middle just above the garage. Their's access from the garage directly into that room. The backyard would entail running conduit up along the wall into the atic and then routing through the attic into that office. That would take the most effort , unless using a wireless cam would suffice. The reason I say wireless, is because I have a motion detected light back there that when someone comes back there I would have lighting, and the depth of field is very limited off that area- about 16' deep by 40' across max and the need for a really highend cam would be of little need under those parameters. I'm open to suggestions from you fine people to feedback as opposed to pricing- actually pricing is seconary as I'm looking for system design first. Based on the options that are presented I can price accordingly.

Thanks-

Surf1div1

in arkansas that would still be illegal if they are not installing for the company that they work for. And you would have to pay the company not the technician. Now that is arkanas. They are strict here.