Sign in to follow this  
PM5K

Can't upgrade Hikvision firmware

I have a DS-2CD8253F-EI camera running the V5.0.8 130930 firmware. I upgraded once before to that firmware. I tried to upgrade to a newer firmware (5.1.0) which shows my camera as compatible, but it fails.

The only thing I haven't tried is a direct connection, I've been trying over wifi, but I'm fairly certain that's how I upgraded it the first time.

It basically instantly says in the status section: Upgrading Failed (using the web interface).

Through the Hikvision software it just doesn't do anything, no progress on the progress bar at all.

TIA!

I have a DS-2CD8253F-EI camera running the V5.0.8 130930 firmware. I upgraded once before to that firmware. I tried to upgrade to a newer firmware (5.1.0) which shows my camera as compatible, but it fails.

The only thing I haven't tried is a direct connection, I've been trying over wifi, but I'm fairly certain that's how I upgraded it the first time.

It basically instantly says in the status section: Upgrading Failed (using the web interface).

Through the Hikvision software it just doesn't do anything, no progress on the progress bar at all.

TIA!

I have upgraded over wireless no problem though I have had trouble doing so through my firewall (from trusted to DMZ). Have you tried the TFTP update method that worked for me when the web interface failed. Google TFTP Hikvision and you should find what you need if you haven't tried that already.

I think I know what you're talking about, a different method for recovery that you can also try if other options to upgrade don't work. If that's what you mean that's what I was planning, if not I'll read up on it.

Good call though, I am using a different router than before, maybe a setting is blocking it.

I think I know what you're talking about, a different method for recovery that you can also try if other options to upgrade don't work. If that's what you mean that's what I was planning, if not I'll read up on it.

The method I am talking about is documented in the pdf here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Z%20OLD/Technical%20Materials/Special%20Tools/TFTP-Auto-Update/

The tools you need are there too. I'd suggest you run the TFTP server as admin and make sure you allow it access through the Windows firewall. You should be prompted for that.