Sign in to follow this  
dw886

Dahua Hybrid Feedback / Question on Channels

Hi-

I currently have a 6-camera analog system with a GVI DVR that monitor various angles around my home. I'm looking to upgrade my DVR for a couple of reasons:

- I want something that has a Windows Phone app. I'm tired of not being able to access my system from anything outside of my PC. Dahua meets this criteria with DMSS and wDMSS.

- I want something that will allow me to slowly phase out my analog cameras and replace them with IP cameras

- I want something that will send me a still picture from a given camera on an alarm event

New DVR must have:

- decent recording (realtime for the analogs, and at least 4 channels realtime for 1080p)

- HDMI output

- Windows Phone app

- Alarm event triggers an email with a still picture from a camera

- Low power consumption (lets say 60w or less)

Dahua looks like it's the only vendor that meets my criteria. I was originally looking at the DVR0804HF-U-E model, but a few new models have popped up on the Dahua site. The DVR7808S-U looks to have a little more zip on the IP side (240FPS @ 1080p).

Here's my questions:

* Does anyone have any feedback on the Dahua hybrids? I know that the posts from years back that I have read haven't been great, but these are all much newer models, and state that they're ONVIF Ver 2.0 compatible.

* When a hybrid DVR states that it's an 8-channel DVR, like the DVR7808S-U, and then states that it does 8 analog and 8 IP, it concerns me that there's some hidden limit. Does this really mean that I can run 8 analog simultaneously with 8 IP cameras? If so, will all 16 channels record at the stated speeds, or does the 240fps @ 1080p assume that you're not doing any analog recording?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks,

Derek