robzee67

DEALERSHIP PROJECT...YOUR INPUT PLEASE!!!

btw...wished i found your site earlier, what a great place thanks!...here is the project...

-pc based DVR that will handle more then 16 cameras max 32

-ptz, network, cdrw or dvdw, key board, up to 5 days archive at very good quality and more then 15fps each camera.

-high end and low end brand

-which brand to stay away from?

Why go coax?...why not IP?

Whats are the down falls of IP systems?

Can you go 802.11g for the whole building?

How the PTZ work on a IP systems...efficient?

Do you have to be a computer geek to configure the network?

Which one to use...pvc or metal conduct?

Thanks for the help!!!

Why go coax?...why not IP? coax has less parts and is easier to maintain. UTP exceeds the normal cable install in terms of distances. best to use active baluns with UTP.

Whats are the down falls of IP systems? integrating both analogue & IP cams and IP cams, and band width monsters. IP also requires special storage requirements....ie...FTP or flash.

Can you go 802.11g for the whole building? sure, as long as your legacy equipment can. I suggest wireless as a last resort based on the overall security issues and reliabilty problems associated with wireless. yes you can buy more reliable wireless but at that cost i can buy sevral great wired cams.

How the PTZ work on a IP systems...efficient? works fine. basically efficient in terms of reliability.

Do you have to be a computer geek to configure the network? no, just read and apply advice.

Which one to use...pvc or metal conduct? depends on the situation. indoors I'd use metal. outdoors, if exposed to lighting I'd go pvc. your preference based on $$$

which PC based cards to stay away from? My advice is this, cheap is NOT better and you also need an outstanding tech support help line. try calling the tech support lines to test the help available and if they don't answer the phone and you can't talk to a tech your going to have to accet that when you buy it. I am a Video Insight installer/dealer and love the product for all of the above.......and the features are GTG.

very good...now what would you consider a low line and high line PC base brand...i'm not talking about cards more like mitsubishi or ge...

won't say it.....I'm biased and can't just knock it becasue I don't seell/like it. you need input from users.