robzee67

DVR's which one to stay away from???

I can already see where this is going to end up...

Why dont we just stick to what we do like. Too many people, too many opinions and experiences.

That question annoys me and other readers....what's the best.......

What's the application?

Give us something concrete info.....don't forget your readers are from around the globe.

Straight off, when you say Samsung, depends if you mean Samsung GVI or Samsung Techwin, Techwin are much better than the Samsung GVI.

Vitek never tried, Speco have, Everfocus used their DVR .. id say from Specs, Vitek has some really good gear, and Nuvico same as Vitek basically. These are all mid range products, OEM anyway - Except for Everfocus, which i can say with confidence i didnt like their DVR when it crashed all the time.

Its all a personall Preference but i wouldnt buy DVRs myself from Samsung GVI, Neverfocus, Speco, HiSharp, among others ... theres a long list as there is a long list of what others have tested and worked well, even some of the products from the onesi just mentioned have ones that work well, they are OEM so you never know what you are going to get.

if you look closely you will notice most of those names mentioned are the same dvr like speco everfocus, vitek and so-forth. I know rory doesn't like everfocus but they actually manufacture there dvr's and have several factories overseas and for the right price and volumn will make you a dvr of your very own. Not certain but I think some of viteks and speco's dvrs are made by everfocus.

no everfocus doesnt make the viteks, Speco buys various maufacturers but the ones i used werent everfocus. I used the Everfocus EDSR1600 and we used at least 3 of them, they all crashed on a daily basis, they were thrown out in the end, a waste of a few thousand dollars.

God bless..i better go run to my end users and rip them off their desks...ok, so i got that EVERFOCUS is not a top shelf in the low line but what about the cameras?..if they have the SONY chip, they should be all good...right?

I just call them like I see them. I do agree the edsr series suck nuts but so does the pelco dx7000 but look at the dx8000 much better and everfocuses new edr1680 is nice haven't had any problems yet better knock on wood. But hell just three...I had 3 doa Vicon kollectors in a row thats over $30000. Now how many of you guys have actually taken apart these units?? I have ran accross several DVRs that have the exact same guts just diffenerent skins.

I take apart everything, since there is no warranty to the Bahamas, it doesnt matter anyway.

Cameras is a whole different ball game, just because it has a Sony Chip doesnt make it a decent camera ...

I wasn't refering to cameras just illuminators. I love taking apart things too. Why is there no warranty in the bahamas?? Isn't a warranty a warranty no matter what?? I have a customer in Puerto Rico and I warranty all his stuff just like in the states.

We playin catch up, i was talking about DVRs ... he he, and yes Rainbow uses Extreme's IRs, and So do i, and yes Ive taken them apart also many many times ..

Time as its sent back to the US, and a new unit sent back here, its triple the original price with Customs and Shipping, and 3 months down the road, so we dont bother with warranty.

I kinda like that in the Bahamas...wish it was like that here to...tell your customers ounce you baught it..its yours...

nah, we still have to warranty it, needless to say im not supplying hardware anymore .. not worth it .. i let them get it from others that can carry stock or order through the US direct ...

You're in the US though ...

i did send something back to a manufacturer once, a big name brand, i had to pay shipping both ways, plus full 45% custom duty on its return trip on the original total, it was an expensive stand alone unit ... never again ... it took 3 months to get back here also!!

Edited by Guest

Is customs always that bad?? I have had one or two issues but thats it. The worsst one was some LCDS going into Canada $3200 customs fee Senstar **** bricks when they got that charge. I would have though going to the bahamas would be easier. The other insident was just recent comming from extreme a reg was held up for 5 days because the paper work was missing fed tax id.