yacob650

Need help newbie on 4x IP cam setup IQeye

here is what i have:

4x IQinVision IQeye IQ765NI-V7 5MP (no accessories just the four cams total ,i have brackets

I need a good POE Switch to power them all i guess, should i get Managed,Unmanaged or smart? price below $200 ill be fine.

I am extremely new to IP cams but i am humble to learn. i basically want to hook up these cams for a home and would love to know all that i need ( switches,adapters anything) , your help is appreciated . Thanks in advance

here is what i have:

4x IQinVision IQeye IQ765NI-V7 5MP (no accessories just the four cams total ,i have brackets

I need a good POE Switch to power them all i guess, should i get Managed,Unmanaged or smart? price below $200 ill be fine.

I am extremely new to IP cams but i am humble to learn. i basically want to hook up these cams for a home and would love to know all that i need ( switches,adapters anything) , your help is appreciated . Thanks in advance

These a 900 cameras, for a home? Are you planning on using them indoors? outdoors in some kind of enclosure? If you want night vision you will need some sort of external ir lightighing or ambient light as these dont have ir leds. Honestly this seems like way over-kill. for a home application. How are you going to record them? Sd card slot, NVR?

You don't a managed switch, a 60 dollar poe switch will power the cameras just fine.

Your reply and reaction has tremendously helped by the way, i know this is an over kill but i run a shop in where we purchase phones,computers, tv's you name it and it happened i got these in ( over 10pc ) and checked their prices realizing they are expensive so i decided to sell them online for $525 brand new and keep 4 for my self. No need for IR even though it helps , might use them for some type of inclosure. can i add these to an existing pc based DVR like a GV-1480 geovsion ? or do i need to go analog with them buying the adapters (2.8mm to bnc $10 each ) and connect separate Power source and add it to the rest of the analog cameras? i bet they will eat up space . or just sell them and use some 2mp ir cameras and be happy lol

Your reply and reaction has tremendously helped by the way, i know this is an over kill but i run a shop in where we purchase phones,computers, tv's you name it and it happened i got these in ( over 10pc ) and checked their prices realizing they are expensive so i decided to sell them online for $525 brand new and keep 4 for my self. No need for IR even though it helps , might use them for some type of inclosure. can i add these to an existing pc based DVR like a GV-1480 geovsion ? or do i need to go analog with them buying the adapters (2.8mm to bnc $10 each ) and connect separate Power source and add it to the rest of the analog cameras? i bet they will eat up space . or just sell them and use some 2mp ir cameras and be happy lol

you don't want to "go analog with them"...because even if they have a bnc out it would not be megapixel quality.

I doubt the geovision software could be used with this camera.

Honestly you are much better off selling them (they look horrible for a home application)

and go with some variant of hikvision dome cameras, using an NVR or pc based NVR software.

There are tons of posts here with info.

ds-2cd2532f is a great choice. or if you want varifocal ... DS-2CD2732F-IS

You are absolutely right, selling them it is! those cams you refereed seem real nice for a home application thanks much!