Sign in to follow this  
ic1nyc

Nuvico out of warranty support?

Greetings all.

Having a problem servicing an Nuvico EV-16000N. In '12 I was called to service this unit which had a corrupted drive. It was an easy fix.

This week got called back to site supposedly for same issue. I tested drive on PC (never powered up the DVR) and heard nasty click and grinding. Drive was never recognized; advised user to replace. Upon installation of new drive, found that PSU was bad. It would not boot with optical and/or HD connected and chassis fan intermittent. With no drives connected, it would turn on, fan works, but no video output (VGA monitor detects, then loses signal). While it was powered, unit unresponsive to front panel buttons and remote control.

Installed standard Flex ATX PSU today and unit boots, displays "loading programs" then shows camera grid on screen (no cameras connected at this point). However, still unresponsive to remote and front panel buttons. Also, hard drive light never stays on, even when "loading programs".

Original drive was SATA verson1 or 2; new drive is v3. I tried system with an older v1 drive; same issue. Tried both FAT and NTFS file systems (NTFS worked in the past). Still no joy.

Can't find any support docs on Nuvico's site; and no end user support. Anyone have any ideas?

The original PSU appears to have voltage regulator issue. Maybe the mainboard (PowerPC based) is mucked due to this?