Sign in to follow this  
Millie106

Rugged CCTV Night Ranger camera major issues

I have a Night Ranger camera from Rugged CCTV cameras that is having major issues.

First off you cannot see at night past 5x. No matter what I do with the lighting the picture is so pixelated you can't see a thing. Then it alternates from black screen to wavy. We have tested all the connections, stripped them back and retapped and nothing changes.

Now the camera recycled for some reason, the other PTZs on the system did not, and the picture itself is flipped upside down. The lens is not. Plus the controls are now backwards.

The company told me there is nothing wrong with the camera. Still can't believe they sent repeated emails saying this when I sent them screenshots proving otherwise.

It is under warranty but since they are claiming there is nothing wrong when you can't see past 5x at night, a black screen, and an upside down picture there is not much sense spending the money to send it back plus the minimum 59.00 to have them tell me it's fine.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Has anyone seen this many errors on one camera?