Bryan0027

How can i view my CCTV by using Internet?

1 - buy a decent router (linksys)

2 - install router into current system. you will need to call tech support for your internet provider. if you have dial-up internet, stop. you need more than just a router.

3 - oncer you have the router working with your current sys. config router to interface with your DVR. you must know the limits of your dvr in terms of network capabilities.

4 - connect dvr to the router

5 - try the dvr's client software first. if you can view it, your good.

6 - view it via the internet. if you can't, you need to open the specific port of the router so that is allows the dvr to pass video via that opn port.

if you have any other questions please provide make, model and type of internet service. more info......

i have the router and everything, and i can see everything from the camera. Just that i duno what should i set on the router so that i can viewed it by using internet. I had register a domain from dyndns.org. After that what should i do ??

If you don't have a "static" ip address from your internet provider you can goto http://www.no-ip.com to set up an account which will update your dynamic ip address for you and also will allow you to name your ip.

setting up the router; what make/model is it? your DVR sends the video to the router on a "port" and your router need to be set to tell that port to be opened or closed to the internet so you can view it from the internet.

examples; a ip of 192.168.0.6 is assigned to the DVR by the router and you use this ip address INSIDE your LAN (local area network) to view the DVR. OUTSIDE your LAN it is called the WAN (wide area network) and the IP address you get assigned is from your internet provider. that number will be different, ie. 45.56.223.156. you would need to use this number inside your LAN to force the viewing of your DVR as if you were viewing it from the internet.

ports are "slots" on the router that information can be directed in (LAN) and out (WAN). port 80 is one common port which is used by ALL internet browsers, Servers, ect. FTP, file transfer protocol is on port 21. there are over 65,000 ports you can assign via your router. you can if you want, block port 80 (internet) to all users in your LAN and allow only one computer access via the IP/port forwarding.

you need to do some web searching for port forwarding to learn more as I have touched on the basics only.