Sign in to follow this  
camtastic

Dahua 3mp getting ftp and mail snapshot attachments to work

Hi,

I was able to finally get my smtp email working, but I cannot get an attachment only a text alert. I read an older thread, but I got kind of lost on the custom php solutions.

Anyone have any idea on what to try for ISP settings for ftp?

I am using

server address: ftp.ca.astound.net

port: 537

username: xxxx@astound.net

password: xxxxx

remote directory: InBox

Again, dahua provides little clues, but I only know that no snapshot attachments are

sent to my astound webmail account, only text. Further, they don't really understand the directory tree path and neither do I... I can only see a InBox and sub-directories.

I've read dahua does not accept paths (/), but again, I'm not sure if it is true or not, as I have no evidence to pinpoint. Any ideas to try are greatly appreciated.

edit: talked to ISP tier 2 and they aren't really required to understand all this (therefore, you are on your own)... but...I do see that the way the ftp server is set up,

the path is ftp://www.ISP.com/~user/folderx/ and you can't just point to ~user but must create a sub folder first to ftp files to. And with all the prior complaints about dahua not handling / paths I may be SOL. Again, any ideas are greatly appreciated.

from what I gather. The other problem is dahua directory is not accepting the ~.

edit: I'm able to rename the tilda (~) and have a directory path ftp://www.ISP.com/folder1 I then use folder1 as remote directory. log shows ftp success, yet no objects are dropped there...

edit1: I also cannot change the path to record video as it will not actually save (even though it says save successful). As soon as you change tabs, it goes back to the default C:/PictureDownload path. I am on and SSD with a large non C: data disk.

Also tried to modify config file as in here:

http://www.openipcam.com/forum/index.php?topic=640.0

No luck.

If anyone could PM me a config file that works, I would be very grateful.

update: my unused new cameras are going back. I have got ftp connection clearly working and no attachments going through. I've tried all kinds of steps from changing fields to hacking the config file (ftp/ISP passwords are displayed in clear text). Without ANY support whatsover from dahua (except you go read snapshot pdf to fix) and vendors (you give your IP and password, we will look), not worth spending HOURS and HOURS debugging something when I could've bought repackaged american vendor at costco with some support. I thought dahua was great reading this forum, now I go to others and see dahua=POS threads all over...