Sign in to follow this  
Tornado100

Stream over the Internet

Hi

Got my HD-SDi Home system all up and running fine

Just one other thing i would like to do but i'm struggling a bit

I can access my Hikvison DVR with my ipad / i phone and also direct from my PC at work

But i'm confused and can't find an explination of the the stream options

Main Stream (Normal)

Sub Stream

Main Stream (Event) ??

I know the iphone / i pad will use the Sub Stream, but when i'm logging in over the internet via PC and use Live View it's trying to send me full 1080 instead of the lower res with Main Stream (Normal).

Or should i be installing the Hikvison software on the remote computer to view my cameras

Thanks

Dave

Hi

Got my HD-SDi Home system all up and running fine

Just one other thing i would like to do but i'm struggling a bit

I can access my Hikvison DVR with my ipad / i phone and also direct from my PC at work

But i'm confused and can't find an explination of the the stream options

Main Stream (Normal)

Sub Stream

Main Stream (Event) ??

I know the iphone / i pad will use the Sub Stream, but when i'm logging in over the internet via PC and use Live View it's trying to send me full 1080 instead of the lower res with Main Stream (Normal).

Or should i be installing the Hikvison software on the remote computer to view my cameras

Main Stream (Normal) and Main Stream (Event) are the recording resolutions. You normally want to have them the same, but you could have (for example) your DVR recording 24/7 at a lower resolution/frame rate, and when there is an event (motion detection, alarm, etc) have it record at 1920x1080@25fps.

When you log in remote from a computer you can also view the substream. When using the web interface, go to:

Configuration -> Local configuration -> Stream type and choose Sub Stream.

Thanks for that

So if needed I can lower the Main Stream (Normal) and this won't effect my recording resolution when an event happens because an event uses Main Stream (Event) is this correct??

Sorry but there's very little information explaining what each of the streams specific jobs are.

So if needed I can lower the Main Stream (Normal) and this won't effect my recording resolution when an event happens because an event uses Main Stream (Event) is this correct??

Sorry but there's very little information explaining what each of the streams specific jobs are.

That is correct, as long as you have scheduled your recordings to happen when there is movement/alarm triggered.