Sign in to follow this  
mturley

How to - iOS - set Hikvision motion detection on/off?

I would like to be able to easily turn motion detection on/off for a Hik 2032. Seems this would be a pretty obvious function of the iOS app iVMS-4500. But I can't find a way to do it there.

Having to fire up the PC, go to the web interface, and change it is a bit too painful. If I launch the web interface on the iPad, it doesn't look the same as the PC likely because of the missing webcomponents. In the Safari on the iPad, it does show the motion detection checkbox, but it is unchecked when in reality it is checked on the camera, and there is no save button.

Anybody turning motion detect on/off from and iOS app?

Edited by Guest

I would like to be able to easily turn motion detection on/off for a Hik 2032. Seems this would be a pretty obvious function of the iOS app iVMS-4500. But I can't find a way to do it there.

Having to fire up the PC, go to the web interface, and change it is a bit too painful. If I launch the web interface on the iPad, it doesn't look the same as the PC likely because of the missing webcomponents. In the Safari on the iPad, it does show the motion detection checkbox, but it is unchecked when in reality it is checked on the camera.

Anybody turning motion detect on/off from and iOS app?

i had a similar problem with my new Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW cube camera. There is no way to toggle the motion detection via the mobile app. I was able to get rob of ipcamviewer to enable the motion toggle (at least on the android app, but most likely implemented in the ios as well)...there is a defect in the firmware (I don't know if it affects the bullet cam) that sets the motion sensitivity to zero when you disable motion....so he set programed the app to set it to 40....hikvision needs to add this feature as well as the ability to toggle the PIR sensor on the DS-2CD2432F-IW cube.

You may want to try ip camviewer and select Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW

the firmware is the same as the bullet so the motion toggle should work...

Thanks Boogieman. I got the app, and it does have the motion detect on/off feature - but unfortunately it doesn't work. I tried all the Hik camera types, but no go. I get the error "Control failed" whenever I try to change the setting.

I have firmware V5.0.0 130412. Seems like that should not have changed between 5.0 and 5.1. I could try 5.1, otherwise I will contact Rob and see if he is interested in fixing it.