Sign in to follow this  
ben01

Hikvision ds-2cd2732f-is

Hi all,

New here and new to the CCTV world. I've been doing a bit of research and found that the Hikvision ds-2cd2732f-is would suit my needs. At this stage would like just the one and will probably add another 1 or 2 at a later stage once I have a setup going.

Just wondering if anyone can advise where is best to purchase this? I am in Australia and don't mind buying from China etc but dont want to wait 6 weeks for it to arrive.

Also, my understanding is that due to the fact it holds up to a 32gb sd card, I dont need a NVR setup at first? So if what i've learnt is correct, I will run cat 5 from camera through roof to PoE switch box, then from PoE box to my router??? And my laptop is already connected to router as well, so there is the feed?? (Please correct me if i'm wrong).

Ive also noticed that they sell the poles etc for mounting, but i'm wondering if many people mount this upside down straight under the eave of the roof?

Thanks for reading and if I get some responses i'd like to ask a few more questions...