Sign in to follow this  
hxdrummerxc

DVR network setup is good, but wont connect from phone

Hello,

I just got this DVR from a local security store. Its a 4 channel DVR, but im only using 2 cameras currently.

This is the DVR I have http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/en_us/product/1091.html

"WD1 LTD2304SS-C realtime H.264"

Let me start off by saying, im pretty good with networking. Im new to CCTV and DVR's, but I never expected to have network issues. Im going to school for networking and currently have my Cisco CCNA cert etc.

I have set it all up for remote viewing. I set up a Dynamic DNS through ns1.dvrlists.com (one of the only ddns sites that are supported on my DVR) I made sure port forwarding was all good and all the ports work. I have tested the remote viewing using the PC software to connect to both the local IP address of the DVR and also the DDNS URL of the DVR. And Both work fine. Which leads me to believe that the remote viewing is working properly.

Here is my problem. I work midnights and my wife is alone in our new house all night. And shes still getting used to it, and sort of scared. So I wanted to be able to view the DVR from my phone with the remote viewing. And also let her view it from her phone if she was laying in bed.

So I open up my android phone browser and type in my DDNS URL and it tells me uknown device, and gives me the options to download clients for blackberry and windows based phones but not android based phones.

So I went another route and searched for apps. There are numerous CCTV apps for android that let you connect to DVRs for remote viewing via local IP or DDNS. I tried about 10 of these apps. And every one of them seems to connect to my DVR fine, but then displays and error something along the lines of ("receiving data from the device timed out") or ("unable to retrieve video feed") depending on the app. But the main consensus That I got, was the remote connection is established fine, but the video feeds from the cameras along with any data are not being sent to the phones.

Its almost as if the DVR that I have has NO SUPPORT at all for android based phones. Even with generic CCTV apps.

Can anyone give me any tips? or has anyone else had similar issues with mobile viewing that could chime in?

Thanks a lot,