Hi,

I have a DS-2CD3332-I camera, I am trying it to power with passive POE injector. Unfortunately it is doesn´t work, I tried with 12-24 1-1,75A adapter, and with 1M LAN cable.

Hikvision support emailed me that it is should work with 12V:

Standard PoE switch is OK.

Power Supply: 12 VDC ± 10%, PoE (802.3af)

Power Consumption: Max. 5.5 W (Max. 7.5 W with IR cut filter on)

Anyone tried with similar POE injector?

Hi,

I have a DS-2CD3332-I camera, I am trying it to power with passive POE injector. Unfortunately it is doesn´t work, I tried with 12-24 1-1,75A adapter, and with 1M LAN cable.

Hikvision support emailed me that it is should work with 12V:

Anyone tried with similar POE injector?

Are you plugging the passive injector to the 12v female plug or are you somehow trying to use passive poe via the Ethernet connection? How long is your run? Show us what parts you are using?

I am using this type of passive POE injector:

The adapter's female plug come into this adapter... On the second picture you can see the schematic, it ok for the camera? This injector is sold under name "Mikrotik Passive Injector".

1498846711_fot1-1.JPG.ff99d0f5c7ccb1828d8b2cd79ed674ed.JPG

683778361_fot2-1.JPG.f4e243ca5464ec0b0bc9ec3771ee1360.JPG

To use this injector, you'd need to put in 12Vdc at one end of the cable via the DC plug, then pull it back out of the same plug at the other end of the cable and connect it to the camera's DC input with a matching cable. This requires 2 assemblies and the appropriate cables, of course.

Passive POE won't power the camera directly from the network cable without modifying the camera end box and injecting 48Vdc at the other end.

I can say with a very high degree of certainty that at best it will not work, at worst it will fry the camera. This camera is not 12V PoE you are reading the specs wrong, it's PoE or 12V, not both or used interchangeably. Also, by going to 12V, you are cutting your maximum effective cable length by 4, meaning if PoE works to 100m, 12V PoE will work to about 25m. That's not my opinion, that's the law, Ohm's law.

But thanks for sacrificing your camera for the sake of science

You are right, I misunderstood the email:

what is the POE power need of the DS-2CD2332-I camera? What voltage, amper, watt POE-switch is needed?

The comma makes big difference, so I am going to buy a 48V version. 48V 0.5 will be enough? Or rather 1A version?

Thanks for making things clear! I canceled first order and maked a new order on a 48V0.5A adapter + one new camera DS-2CD3332-I with 2.8mm lens.