Mechwing

Swann NVR 2 part question

I have a Swann NVR8-7200 with the 4 cameras that came with it, with an internal 2T HD. I have the system FINALLY to send smtp email alerts on motion settings after playing around with it. Well now I am getting emails every few minutes. I have turned my sensitive down to 0, but at night the flying insects will go off and send email alerts to me. If I turn it to -1, it won't pick up anything at all, our cars has been getting broke into at night so I would like to know what goes on in the driveway. I guess I should turn off the email system at night, but continue recording motion. Is there any other workarounds?

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to get it to record 24/7. So I can go back and review if I decide to turn off the email alerts at night time. Would that be under Remote Playback window?

What am I doing wrong? What are some tips and tricks I need to know. I only had the system installed for a week and keep on learning things about it.

Ok, I figured out that I didn't have LOCAL RECORDING checked. I thought LOCAL RECORDING was meant if the camera itself had internal HD/SD and remote was my NVR. I was wrong.. That part is now solved. Like I said, the more I play with it the more I learn.

The best thing for you to do is to install external PIR motion sensors. Those will connect into the alarm I/O on the back of the NVR. Do a search for PIR sensors.

I purchased the http://www.swann.com/au/swnvk-870824 which come with 8 channels NVR (NVR8-7082) few weeks ago and found that the email alerts and motion detection doesn't work together. When email alerts are enabled, it will work for few hours before the whole system crashes. i.e. Motion detection recording and email alerts stop working until the system is rebooted by removing the power source.

I have already reported this issue to swann first and second level support, who has no solution.

Today I swapped my NVR with a new one from the place of purchase and finds that the new one does the same thing.

Has anyone else come accross this issue with email alerts ?