Has anyone used Sighthouse Video Software (http://www.sighthound.com/) They were bought out by Vitamin D, which I used on my MAC. I thought this software was amazing when I had used it, but TBH I havent used alot of other software out there. I thought their People Tracking was excellent, and the clips were easy to go through at the end of the day.

They now support HD, which they hadn't before. Anyone familiar with this software? Would love to hear your thoughts

The issue with VitaminD was CPU use, so they limited it to 1MP cameras for a while. Sighthound increased the limit on resolution, but not sure it's improved in performance. It's not their fault, anytime you do video analytics it will put demands on a computer. Say most people now buy at least 1080P or 3MP cameras and want at least 15 fps, the question is how many cameras can you run even on the fastest PC you can buy.

Not sure everyone needs this level of motion detect accuracy. For example, if I record twice as much as I need to, I can buy a larger hard drive for $100.

I used VitaminD and switched to Sighthound for the upgrade. It does use a decent amount og CPU usage, but I have a dedicated box for Sighthound+BlueIris and it is not an issue. Their support is awesome as well. I sent a couple emails and they were quick, friendly, and helpful. The web console though is rather slow, to a point I dont even use it. They do have an Android app that is so-so.

I had too many false positives with other motion alerting. 100s an hour. Sighthound fixed that issue for me.

I used VitaminD and switched to Sighthound for the upgrade. It does use a decent amount og CPU usage, but I have a dedicated box for Sighthound+BlueIris and it is not an issue. Their support is awesome as well. I sent a couple emails and they were quick, friendly, and helpful. The web console though is rather slow, to a point I dont even use it. They do have an Android app that is so-so.

I had too many false positives with other motion alerting. 100s an hour. Sighthound fixed that issue for me.

This may be a stupid questions, but why do you need Sighthound and BlueIris?

What are the specs of the computer?

How many cameras do you run, and at what resolution.

I really liked Vitamin D as well. Thought their motion detection was awesome. IT was nice to come home at the end of the day and just go through the specific video clips that had the motion I was looking for.

1) I find Sighthound allows a much more sensitive and accurate motion alerting that BI does. Honestly I have not re-visited BI doing that for me in about a year or so though.

2) i5 2400 (3.1GHz), 4GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 32-Bit, Toshiba 7200 RPM Drive. Nothing too special. Average CPU load is 14% and 44% Mem usage.

3) Two at 1280x720 and one at 320x240

That's better CPU use than I thought so they must of improved that since I last tried it. Of course, going with 1080P or 3MP cameras may increase that CPU use significantly.

For $250 you can try it, LOL. They are smart, they only allow a low resolution trial with one camera. Ideally if they can change the software to do analytics on a camera's second low res stream, but record from the main stream, I think that would be efficient.

For $250 you can try it, LOL. They are smart, they only allow a low resolution trial with one camera. Ideally if they can change the software to do analytics on a camera's second low res stream, but record from the main stream, I think that would be efficient.

I know when I had talked to Vitamin D, I was able to get a free 1 week pass to use there non trial software so I could test it with a higher res camera. You may want to email them and ask them.