Sasquatch

New install. Need suggestions.

Looking at putting one or two IP cameras to monitor the carport entrance and the front door. I'm not sure which route to take,except I know I want to use Hikvision. I already have the Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/P coming,so I want to keep it all the same. I want to get a Dome version IP camera. I'm looking at the Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I for both entrances.

The carport has an eave that a camera could be put into the corner,and it would be able to see both doors,but I'm not sure what kind of resolution I would get. I can also put one camera at each door,which probably makes the most sense.

The mounting point for the carport would be approx. 10ft from the front door. That camera location would actually catch anybody coming onto the carport and going to that door.

The front door mounting point would be approx. 5ft.

I am thinking about getting a 4.0 lens to give me a narrower filed of view,but more resolution. Should I use a 2.8 on the carport entrance to cover a wider area and the 4.0 on the front door? or just use either a 2.8 or 4.0 on both.

What do you think? Should I choose a different lens,etc? If you need more info,let me know.Thanks