Sign in to follow this  
k3nn4

Hikvision 3mp Camera and NVR

Guys, I have a few question about hikvision camera and the nvr.

1. Chinese Version camera compatible with English NVR? If it is compatible, does it show English on the camera display or Chinese?

2. Easy to convert from Chinese version to English?

3. For this nvr model DS-7604N-SHT/P, does it support 4 3mp camera at 2046x1536? Or just 1080? My friend told me they only support 1x3mp at 2046x1536, the camera output resolution will be capped at 1080 if 4x3mp are connected. In order to output 4x3mp at 2046x1536, I will have to get the 8ch nvr .Is that true?

Thank you everyone for taking your time to read and help me out. I appreciated a lot.

Cheers

The only thing that displays in Chinese is the day of week (mon, tue, wed..). You can turn that off and just display date (ie 03-13-2014). You can get it to display the English day of week if that's important to you by extracting a file from the camera, use a hex editor to change some bits and then put it back in. CBX wrote a great post on how to do this.

As for camera compatibility, yes, any region of camera will work with any region of NVR. It's not like DVD players that only play DVDs for a specific region.

Thank you for your replied. What I meant for the last question is.. Does the 4ch NVR able to output full 3mp full resolution for 4 3mp?

I can only go by the specs since I only used one for testing purposes and no longer have it. The spec show a incoming bandwidth and that would be your limitation. Don't see why 1080P at 30fps would take up any more bandwidth than 3MP at 15-20fps. They show a sync playback limitation of 2 at 1080P or 1 at 5MP, so somewhere in between for 3MP I guess.

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013090209124922265.pdf

Alright.. It means that the nvr doesn't support 4ch 3mp at full resolution. Only one is allowed.. Thank you so much.