RichTJ99

Best camera mount?

I am looking for a camera mount that will let me mount a camera on the side of a house. I see lots of brackets, are there certain brands that are best? Other factors to consider when buying a bracket?

Doesnt it have a mount already? all bullet cameras do ...

If not, its going to be tough finding a threaded mount to fit those .. or you can buy a regular camera housing with mount and stick in that somehow.

arghh, just checked, its a Chinese OEM bullet .. looks like a COP-USA camera ..

Rory

Actually the threads dont match throughout brands, like Eclipse Bullet camera mounts dont fit in Provideo Bullets, while some do, there are all different sizes of bullet cameras and mounts for them. The one in the image you can probably use a mount from another brand like Mace for example as it looks identical, probably any chinese bullet for that matter .. doesnt mean it wont be hard to find though, a Camera mount is typically much bigger for box cameras than for bullets.

The camera has a mounting bracket on the top & bottom as it turns out.

I am not sure that is the same camera, the one I have is supposed to be a 1/3 ccd. Is there any way to check the size of the CCD? (Who knows when dealing with ebay of course

Is the sunscreen important when considering a bullet camera?

I am getting some sort of lag using a 58 cable (I didnt have a 59 handy) which is about 50 feet long. I am getting a slight delay as well.

The system is a 3ghz asus p4pe mobo with a nvidia 5700 ultra, 1 gig of ram, etc. I would think that with only 1 camera in the system it would be smooth.

the sunshield basically works a little bit to stop overhead sun from hitting the lens, otherwise if the sun is low like in winter and the camera is pointed in that direction it makes no diference, and only makes a little difference the rest of the year. Its nice to have for cosmetic reasons though.