Sign in to follow this  
camdummy

Arm/Disarm based on phone connected to WiFi network?

I need a PC based camera DVR software package that can email photos after motion detection from camera(s) inside my house. However, I don't want to be triggering off the emails with my motion while I'm at home. When I'm in the house my phone is in the house, logged onto WiFi network.

Is there any software that can detect presence of wifi connected phone to send/not send emails? I don't want an app running on phone continuously. Camera software needs to poll network for attached mac addresses.

Thanks

A recent update to Blue Iris enables Geofencing, which uses your phone's location to enable or disable profiles. I don't believe it's working yet, but should be in the near future. How effective it will be is still unknown, but it's a neat concept.

You can follow it at the BI community forum at cam-it.org - search on geofencing.

I only get notifications from my cube cameras because they have the most accurate motion detection. For example, I have an AVTech camera and sends me an alert within a few seconds to my IOS and Android phone. I tap on the alert and it starts playing the video of the last recorded event, has 2 way audio and works well as an alarm. You can easily turn off alerts from the phone as it's just a slider to turn it off/on.

This is separate from my regular surveillance NVR system that does not notify me because I would go nuts getting alerts from outside cameras anytime someone walked their dog or road a bike past my house, every shadow, every car headlight at night. BUT, once I get an alert from my cube camera, I can go to my main camera app and see what's going on around the property.