Sign in to follow this  
westhall

Two identical monitoring stations

Hello,

I need 2 monitoring stations for 16 cameras. In room 1, there is Dahua NVR5216 with 16 IP cams @2mpbs each. NVR is connected to monitor and is being used for live view and recording.

In room 2, I need exactly the same thing, i.e. monitor with live view and access to recorded footage. When I installed Dahua PSS software on PC with Pentium G850 2.9ghz, the interface was really slow and CPU load was 100% all the time. So, I guess I need more powerful CPU.

My question is what CPU can handle 16 (or 24) IP cameras at 2mpbs each? I guess graphics card and RAM are not as important as CPU power.

In room 2, is it possible to install second NVR5216 and get access to first NVR5216? Basically, I need live view and access to recorded footage

Thank you.

There are two feeds coming for each camera. The full resolution main-stream and the lower CIF/MJPEG lower resolution sub-stream.

You are likely trying to view 16 main streams on the live view. That isn't happening and even the best CPU will choke on that. You have to either switch to the sub-stream or find the setting to "auto-switch" between them on the live view (double click to enlarge--switches to main stream; the reverse shrinks back to 4x4).

You should have no problem viewing 16 substreams with your setup. It will still record at full resolution. The only taxing thing is viewing the full main stream. Force highest resolution sub-stream (near D1 quality) or change to "auto-switch."

The same exact thing applies when viewing playback video.