pcman312

Security Camera System for the Home

I am new to the security camera space and have some questions. Forgive me if I'm rambling, but I have a lot of questions.

I would like to get a simple, but expandable system set up at my house both for security and so I can see who is at the front door from my office. I am concerned about a wired setup because 1) the distance between the cameras and 2) at least one of the cameras would be outside and I don't like the idea of drilling some sort of hole through the wall to wire the cables through.

How good are wireless outdoor security cameras?

Are there significant issues with radio interference, dropping connections, failing to save video, etc?

Will most/all wireless IP cameras work with most/all pre-packaged security camera systems with wifi?

Are there good alternatives for using a wired camera outside without drilling a hole through the wall (aside from running the wire through a window that is cracked open)?

Are there any systems you can recommend that will allow me to record video as well as back up the video to a separate computer?

I don't have a specific price range in mind, but I'd like to keep it under ~$1000 unless there's a good reason to go above that.

hi,

your problem has been kept in my mind, after viewing the specific information. now your consideration from how to see the actual actions outside your office, which can be solved by just the software , a video management system.thus you can leave the camera alone, and the distance can not be your concern. all you need is to buy a DVR/NVR with that software.

Here, check out this easy-to-use cam:

www.chinavasion.com/jfxi-SurveillanceSecurity/

I just accidentally found it online, seems it's easy to use. You just connect it with your computer or mobile phone, and then you install it in your home/office, you can see the picture it takes for you wherever you are~

Also seems a good price at the moment.

10014674_10152116497708924_7476925284037989198_n.jpg.c61317e643d639a6faa5cc98efb7e16e.jpg