Sign in to follow this  
jdowning

Open gate with IPC-HDB3300

Hi there everyone,

I have a few of these cameras:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdb3300--5.html

I was wondering if it was possible to wire it so that upon clicking a button (in Milestone XProtect), it will open/close the gate to which it is wired to. What type of cable would I need to use (just alarm cable?) and do you know if it is easy to wire these into the control boxes of automatic gates. Which end does it plug into on the actual camera itself and will Milestone pick this up as an output? I've figured out how to add a button to the camera display screens (that's the simple bit!)

Many thanks in advance

Jack

We use Milestone with a gate and I setup a hardware event, click the test button and it opens the gate, albeit with an Axis camera, but should not be a difference in the way alarm outputs work. Basically it's a normally open circuit. When I click the test button in Milestone, it closes the circuit, sort of like a button switch would do in your house that opens/closes the garage door. How long it closes the circuit is a parameter in the hardware event.

I think the question here is whether Milestone Xprotect supports Dahua I/O. I know nothing of Milestone, but for Dahua I/O to work via ONVIF, you need firmware General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_P_V2.212.0001.0.R.20131224 or newer (if any newer are even around).