infringer

GE Storesafe 4-Channel

OK, I've looked through the tech specs and detailed info on GE's website to try and answer this question, but no luck.

On the StoreSafe's, can I add another hard drive to increase storage space or do I have to order the HD's from GE?

Thanks for the help, sorry I'm asking so many questions.

Possible suggestion: Make a place where someone can start a thread about a particular product, then let the people who have used them post reviews about the product on that thread, then whenever someone has a question about a product they could first go to that place and look at the thread?

Also, I can get the GE Storesafe 4 channel 80GB or a Bosch Divar 6-channel 160 GB for $200 difference? Bosch being $200 more than the GE, do both work equally as well?

Thanks again!

-David

They require 5400rpm HDDs. I've never replaced them like that, but generally you are supposed to be able to just switch it out, and once the Dip Switch on the HDD is set properly, the DVR will auto configure the HDD. You will then need the DVR Uploader softare from GE to upload the Browser HTTP server onto the HDD, if you want to use that. You maybe able to use 1 single 7200rpm drive without issues, supposedly I was told it will work, when adding more then the internal DVR power supply cannot power them unless they are both 5400rpm Drives. GE also has a Power Upgrade kit but you need to goto GE to get factory certified to be able to purchase those.

I've never used the Bosch, probably never will. GE DVRs have been out from day one, under the name Kalatel, Phillips used to even use their DVRs and Software, from what I could see back then. If it was me, I would buy the GE over the Bosch, but thats just me.

Rory