Sign in to follow this  
PeteCress

2 or 3-Camera Array: Anybody Tried It?

Right now, I've got http://ExtremeSurfCam.DynDNS.org where the "Extreme Beach" cam has a rather limited view of what's going on vis-a-vis the bay. FWIW "Pleasantville Yacht Club" is not one of my cams - I'm just linking to somebody else's cam by popular demand.

I'm thinking maybe supplement "Extreme Beach" with an array of 2 or 3 more el-cheapo indoor cams mounted in a wooden box with a glass front such as to give a 180-degree panorama of the beach/bay.

Then they could be presented side-by-side in the cam server's web page - like "Bandwidth Test1" through "Bandwidth Test3 are now.

I already had one of the type of cam I would use there for two seasons - during one of which it survived Sandy just in a plastic bag and a certain amount of electrical tape.

With the proposed array, it seems like the box/glass would be pure gravy weather-wise - more of a theft deterrent than anything else. The box would be high up enough so that somebody on the boardwalk would not see what is in it.

I can't see why this would be any different from any 3 other cameras... but figured maybe somebody's been here and could offer up some tips.