ungovernable77

looking to upgrade my mini-cctv

Since a few years i run a DVR system at home (a custom-built DVR-PC). I use a cheap DVR card bought off ebay (don't even remember the name) so all of my cameras are analog (using high-quality RCA cables with RCA to BNC adapters) but i think it does supports IP Cameras

In the front door i have a mini camera hidden behind the window so i can see whos knocking at the door. I bought it for really cheap so i'm looking to upgrade it with a better camera to get a better image.

The camera i have looks exactly like this so i am looking for a replacement of the same size (around 2 square inches)

244276_1.jpg

I've looked at a couple of cameras on eBay and i found a similar camera that claims to have a 1080p/1000tvl resolution. Is it a good choice ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271433918648?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What is better ? 1/2 censor or 1/3 or 1/4 ?

The camera claims to be HD-SDI so does that means that i will get the same quality than if i go with an IP camera ?

Thanks!

You will not be able to record an HD-SDI with your current set up. Your capture card only supports analog video, so you need an analog camera.

I don't really care about the recording quality, i just want a better quality on my monitor for now, so i am able to see who's knocking at the door

So you're saying that this HD-SDI camera will not work with my card ? But the connectors are BNC and my card does supports BNC

So you're saying that this HD-SDI camera will not work with my card ? But the connectors are BNC and my card does supports BNC

BNC is just the connector. The fact that your card has BNC connectors does not mean it will see/record a HD-SDI camera, it will not work.

But how do you know that my card doesn't support HD-SDI ? I don't even know the exact model so i can't tell myself...

Either way... What's the highest quality that i can get with a mini analog camera?

Or can i get a 120fps hd-sdi capable dvr card for cheap ?

But how do you know that my card doesn't support HD-SDI ? I don't even know the exact model so i can't tell myself...

You said "I use a cheap DVR card bought off ebay", that's why I know.