atcsam

NVR for Convoluted System

1st time post, long time viewer, some great info and experts on this forum.

Debating on Samsung SRN-470D or Dahua NVR 5216.

System:

Samsung 7082 & 1080R

Bosch NDN 832 IVA enabled (I like this one)

Grandstream 3672_FHD

Cisco CE 500 24PC

Budget cuts have reduced my 8-10 camera system to 4 for the next 6m-1yr..

2 3MP at 20fps, 15fps respectively

1 2M 1080P FHD 30 FPS

1 VGA

I figure 3TB for 7 days 24/7 more if motion/ alarm recording. I'm still awaiting a response from Dahua for the ONVIF capabilities for the specific models. I can set up a refurbed 470D for the price of the 5216, just limited to 4 cameras. The 5216 would allow expansion whereas the 470D is a fixed solution.

Any thoughts or alternatives appreciated

Camera manufacturer NVRs are probably not a good idea if you have a mix of camera brands. Either go with a generic NVR like NUUO or go with software like Milestone, Exacq, etc.

Thanks, I'll revisit the PC/ software route again. Budget cuts have me back down to $1K or less for the NVR route. I have about $700 tied up in the current collection, mostly NOS. Going for a upper end, low budget system.

I was hoping to exploit the ONVIF capabilities of the NVRs, I'm fairly certain I can at least record the rtsp streams directly, just not sure of the motion/alarm. Cameras are 2.0 or above and I can record the analytics on the edge as required.

Sammys latest firmware supports ONVIF M.D/V.A events, I leaning towards it for a standalone solution...

I'd prefer to get the NVR5216 to play for future growth.

Anyone with experience with using ONVIF with the Dahua NVR5216?

Blue Iris would support 8 or more 3MP cams on a $600-700 pc, depending on the frame rate. It's very powerful and flexible, but uses a good bit of CPU at high frame rates with MP cams. There's a demo version you can test to see if it fits your needs.