Alexander

Ok, how do I open this thing up? (9100EX)

Just got a 9100EX bullet, and I can't figure out how to take it apart to get to the DIP switches. I've removed all the hex screws, including the recessed ones, as well as the Philips screw holding on the test port cover, and pulled and yanked every which way, but the case just won't come apart. It feels like the camera body wants to pull out of the front tube (not sure if this would even help), but binds on the posts that slot into the external zoom/focus rings.

What obvious thing am I missing here?

Never seen that bullet before..googled it looks nice hows the picture?? I thought you guys were crazy at first because sanyo has the vcc9100ex and its a ptz not a bullet. Good Luck

9100.gif

This it???

Color, Infrared, Varifocal (adjustable from outside), Weatherproof bullet with Built in Heater AC/DC , sees 120 feet in total darkness.

Dont know about the 120Ft IR dist.

Yep, that's the one. Picture is pretty good from just playing around with it so far. The IR is fairly bright, 120ft is, of course, pushing it.

I've tried twisting and pulling too, it'll come apart a few millimeters in the middle where it's usually held together by 4 recessed screws around the perimeter, but then binds on those focus rings. The front cover unscrews, the IR board comes off, but then the only thing visible is a couple of very deep screws holding a circuit board on, and there's no way I could reach all of them even if I wanted to.

Hrrrm.

What do you want to do inside it ?

and yep i would say 120' is "more than pushing it" with that small amount of LEDs and current.

Its got a photo cell though which is nice .. still no removable IR cut Filter though

But Overall, the price seems to match the specs. And its Exview.

Are you sure there are dip switches in that guy.

The info sheet that came with it has a diagram of the location of the switches, and lists a bunch of features that would only be accessible through the switches. Of course, it doesn't say how to get to the things...

there are access plates on the back of the camera.....................you remove them to get at the dip switches, video out, and sensitivity dip switches. the 9100 is built so you don't have to open it. the rings are used to focus and set the focal...............

there are access plates on the back of the camera

Then you and I, sir, have different cameras. It even has a sticker saying "B9100EX" on it. Very weird. Eh well, back it goes, I guess.

Spoke too soon. Thanks, VST_Man. Apparently they changed the design to one large circular access plate that doesn't really look like an access plate and has no obvious place to grab onto to remove. But it does come off.