paul_p

CCTV SETUP DUAL DISPLAY ADVICE

Hi, I am new to this forum, please accept my apologies for any mistakes or miss communication.

I need your help and advice - I am currently in the process of setting up 4 CCTV camera's at my house.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current plan - 4 CCTV camera -> connect using RG59 cable -> USB 4 Channel video real time capture -> connect into PC -> start real time recording with ispy (open source software)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Problem - I wish to replicate the output view onto an external CCTV monitor which will be placed downstairs, as my PC will be upstairs.

Can some one please help me with a possible solution - how can I view all 4 cameras on an external montior without having to interfere with my PC .

I know there is something called a BNC T spliter but is there a unit available which has 4 input and 1 output?

Any help will be great + if you have a better solution to this, please feel free to share

thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Paul

You want a quad processor / multiplex with loop in/out. This will give you an output with a 4-way split screen. Don't just tee off the BNC camera lines as that won' terminate them properly and will degrade video quality.

Somethng like a Robot MV85, quite cheap used on ebay.

Alternatively, if you want better quality output like VGA use a two way VGA splitter or HDMI splitter if your DVR has HDMI.

Of couse you will have to find some VGA cables long enough to do the job.

244985_1.1

Another solution would be to put the DVR on your local network and have two outputs from your PC one showing your CCTV.

Open in your primary screen set up the view and then drag the window to the second screen. I have done this last one many times using Hikvision DVRs and iVMS 4200 software (free with a Hikvision DVR)