Sign in to follow this  
carrot

Analog DVR Playback

Hello,

I have a question regarding DVR.

I work in CCTV department at a large company.

We review footage ourselves and also do our own installations.

I know a lot of installers don't spend a lot of time doing replays on the DVR, so I would like to share my perspective from a end users point of view.

My work requires me to review many cameras per day to spot irregularities.

I have a few entrances that I start, and track objects on various cameras.

Something that significantly breaks my productivity is integrated camera timelines when reviewing footage:

Replay footage: Camera Timelines

My current DVR is very efficient since it allows you to replay 1 - 32 channels via network (no lag issues).

The best feature of my DVR while on 16 channel view, you may jump between cameras by simply clicking and double clicking on certain cameras and it will start playing on that camera recordings only (ignore all other recordings).

Similarly when you exit that specific camera, all the other cameras will now be at the time you left the first camera (makes tracking objects a picnic).

BAD:

Some of my cheaper DVR that I tested, can only do 1 timeline. When you do replay, usually it take all cameras and you have to sit through all recordings for the whole day! What a waste of time.

Another DVR (Hikvision) allow me to review 1 camera per time only (web interface).

For me, moving between cameras is a fundamental feature that I would expect in my DVR software. But seems to be not commonly implemented.

If there is anyone here that have used a similar system that I explained above, I would greatly appreciate if you could advise the Brand I should be shopping for.

My DVR is called TBT and cost about $3000. I hope there is something more affordable that I can use with the same functionality.

PS the software that I use is called NEMON 2.0

Maybe it is the software NEMON and not the DVR that is making the review so easy.

Thanks for your replies

Another DVR (Hikvision) allow me to review 1 camera per time only (web interface).

Try iVMS-4200 for playback from a computer. For playback it is way better than using he web interface.