Poenskop

Opening DVR in browser: "Login failed"

I have a DVR that has been connected to the network. I am able to connect to the login screen with Internet Explorer, however when I try to login as admin it tells me "login failed". I have created a new user and gave the user full permissions, however I get the same error message.

Do you know what could be causing the problem?

This's a MAYBE answer:

In latest IE. under [View] or [Tools] on Menu Bar. there's this [Compatibility View].

If you can tick it, then tick.

If there's only settings to add website, do add in.

and Do allow all ActiveX which related to your DVR manufacture to add-on and Run as Enable.

If IE won't add-on auto, then you have to download it, and install the software manually.

Hope it'll work

Cheers Mate

I've been having a similar issue

I have a CnM secure h264 security camera system and have ab issue while trying to login to the online management web app.

Example, i navigate to the IP address of the box (both internal/external IPs have been tried), and attempt to login, i am shown the message, 'Login failed' to the interface.

I have tried the following scenarios:

- Tried logging in with a blank password after disabling the password feature using the interface on the machine.

- Tried setting a password using the machine interface then attempting to login through a browser using both the admin and user password

- Tried factory resetting the machine (which removed any password), then attempted to login through a browser using a blank password and default admin passwords i found online, something like 020818 and 123456.

After seeing the above information (compatibility mode) it appears the a login attempt is made (logging . . . appears for a few seconds before login failed appears)

What version of Internet Explorer should be used when attempting to login? (I have also used Chrome and Firefox but can't get the ActiveX controls working properly for them)

Thanks for any help

Dear,

Then you should check the DDNS is correct or not? If DDNS is correct, and DVR's network connected well.

What about the Port id?

Emma Ou

Like Vision.

Have you found a resolution yet? I am having the same exact problem. I can access the dvr's login page via the public ip address through port 85. However, when I try to log on using any of the 4 accounts that I created on my dvr, I get an invalid password message. The same accounts are accessible locally on the dvr without any issues.

DDNS, IP, Port Forwarding, DHCP. All network settings are checked. Then it's down to the browser compatibility to run with manufacture's own CCTV software. Maybe most Chinese manufacture prefer IE over other browser. So the best way is to call the manufacture service support. Telling them the exact problem, they should have more faults recorded in their memo than us working on the ground. Hope this help as different make using different CCTV software. So there's no one solution to all when no fault at all on the networking side. Cheers

DDNS, IP, Port Forwarding, DHCP. All network settings are checked. Then it's down to the browser compatibility to run with manufacture's own CCTV software. Maybe most Chinese manufacture prefer IE over other browser. So the best way is to call the manufacture service support. Telling them the exact problem, they should have more faults recorded in their memo than us working on the ground. Hope this help as different make using different CCTV software. So there's no one solution to all when no fault at all on the networking side. Cheers