Sign in to follow this  
sjain2411

Avtech AV760 Battery

Hi,

In effort to replace Avtech Av760 battery, which was soldered on reverse side of motherboard, I pulled off the track itself (I know, should have taken extra care while working with multi-layer PCB). Can someone help me with picture of motherboard, specially the battery area so that I can solder a wire for battery to PTH hole or to a pin on top of motherboard. I am tired of changing date & time after every power cycle now.

Or if you can point out the RTC chip used on this motherboard, I can trace back PCB track/pin for battery from there as well.

Thanks,

Sanjay Kumar

Finally I have CR2032 battery installed in my old Avtech DVR AV761.

Key was to identify the RTC chip used. This DVR uses RTC chip S3530A which is installed near VGA port or I would say just above original battery location on the other side of board. RTC chip uses two diodes for supply from backup battery & main SMPS. I have circled the location on attached image for clarity.

Next was to scratch the track connecting to diode to battery to expose copper and do the soldering. I soldered battery holder negative terminal in one of connector grounding holes for VGA.

So finally it has a battery backup and keeps the time intact across power cycles.

Thanks,

Sanjay Kumar

533900113_Avtech007.jpg.9a2d8b49fff745c8c74d72cbc14fef45.jpg

1430098372_Avtech001.jpg.7c420626fc79969e7d5e61496608270a.jpg