Ozone

Raspberry Pi and Camera Software

Sorry if I don't know the correct terminology but I am looking for the IP camera managing software, like blue iris, that could work on a raspberry Pi. I want to be able to watch the cameras on a monitor where there is no computer.

Help would be greatly appreciated

Edit: It would be helpful if I mentioned what camera's im using. I am using the QSee 4 720P IP Camera setup with the included 4 Channel NVR. I have managed to get it to stream to my IP address. I have also got it working on my phone with iDMSS Lite.

I found that raspbmc which is XBMC can run stream files where you point the raspberry pi to where the stream is. Maybe I can use my IP address as the URL to the stream and can view the camera's that way :/

Edit edit: Seems im answering my own questions again. I will try this and see where it takes me.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=66438

What I've done which is easier, maybe cheaper, but certainly easier is to get one of those Android mini computers, they sell for maybe $40 and smaller than the Raspberry. They have HDMI that goes into the TV and USB powered so in my case, my TV had a USB port so powered by the TV, just sits back there without being noticed. Switch to the HDMI port on your TV and you have the full power of Android, meaning you can install camera apps from Q-See (I believe it's called iDMSS for Dahua or maybe Q-See has one branded with their name), then you can view the cameras, recordings and such from your TV. There's also 3rd party apps that work well. I used a wireless mouse dongle on the gizmo and then use the mouse to navigate the screen. It also doubles as a Netflix or YouTube player.

Thank you, ill try that next. I already have a raspberry pi so will try to get that working then after that I will try one of those.

Thank you, ill try that next. I already have a raspberry pi so will try to get that working then after that I will try one of those.

RasPi can be setup as a network client for many devices. Check TaniDVR as a client.