Sign in to follow this  
patriotaki

[ HELP ] Choosing CCTV System ..?

Hello im new here,

I want to buy for my house a CCTV system. I am new in this section , i dont know much about them but at least i know what i want ..

I want :

- 4-6 IP Cameras

- Video Storage

- Ability to control the security system from the smartphone

- Have control and see the house any time i want

- Alarm System

- Contact with the Police Department ( i dont know if this option exists )

I live in Cyprus (for those who don't know its above Egypt and Below Turkey , Greek island ) . I am going vacation for 4-5 months in Germany and i want to keep my house safe. Its kinda big around 400 square meters. If you want any pictures tell me and i will post. I want the 2 cameras outside because i have a big garden and the rest of the cameras will be in the 1st and 2nd floor of the house.

Thanks

Forgot to mention that i prefer buying the system from a European company for warranty reasons, a German one would be awesome because I will also have the ability to contact them when I will be in Germany! But any european brand will do the job

Mobotix equipment could do all of this except the police department. Actually it could even do that with a SIP server running to interface with the phone system. The question is what requirements the local police would have for something like this. You want to be quite careful because typically the costs associated with false alarm responses are charged to the homeowner. You might be better off paying a third party service to monitor the system and call the police on your behalf. That would greatly reduce the odds of a false alarm going to the police.

Give these guys a call, they are in Malta and I think they might be able to help you: http://www.prosolutions.com.mt/en/productsandservices/businessproducts/cctv/cctvmobotix

Thanks for your info I will have a check on it when I get home..from a quick look I didnt find any kits that have everything I want (not sure though).

do they sell also burglar alarm systems or only IP cameras?

do they have kits with different amount of ip cameras and specs and kits for alarm systems?

Mobotix equipment could do all of this except the police department. Actually it could even do that with a SIP server running to interface with the phone system. The question is what requirements the local police would have for something like this. You want to be quite careful because typically the costs associated with false alarm responses are charged to the homeowner. You might be better off paying a third party service to monitor the system and call the police on your behalf. That would greatly reduce the odds of a false alarm going to the police.

Give these guys a call, they are in Malta and I think they might be able to help you: http://www.prosolutions.com.mt/en/productsandservices/businessproducts/cctv/cctvmobotix

wow they are quite expensive! almost 1k for a camera?