Sign in to follow this  
redsleeve

[solved] hikvision pcnvr live view not working

Hi,

I managed to set pcnvr with one camera for now. It works locally on lan, but live view does not work remotely. I select substream and live view always fails.

Do I need to forward some other ports? I only did port 80 so far, so that I can access pcnvr obviously

EDIT:

Apparently I need to have all three ports forwarded. 80, 554 and 8000. 8000 is port for "viewing".

They could add that to pcnvr user manual, but ok. I eventually found under network settings all three ports used by pcnvr..

Edited by Guest

80 is for the web interface, you need to forward RTSP port for video streaming (554 by default).

I did 554 to, but didnt work (maybe because it tried main stream and my uplink is too slow for main stream). Port 8000 seems to fix issue in web interface.

Hey I am having similar issue with PCNVR. I have forwarded following ports 554, 8000, 443 and 80 and still cannot access live video/playback from outside world network. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank you

PS nvm it was port 8000 wasn't forwarding properly now it works fine! Thanks anyway

Hi,

I managed to set pcnvr with one camera for now. It works locally on lan, but live view does not work remotely. I select substream and live view always fails.

Do I need to forward some other ports? I only did port 80 so far, so that I can access pcnvr obviously

EDIT:

Apparently I need to have all three ports forwarded. 80, 554 and 8000. 8000 is port for "viewing".

They could add that to pcnvr user manual, but ok. I eventually found under network settings all three ports used by pcnvr..