Sign in to follow this  
gigimorphe

Multiple chinese dvr on one network

Hi

i have a friend who is tight on budget he always buy cheap stuff and he end up asking me to install them.

i went down to his unit and i saw 5 cctv dvr hooked up on 5 tft screen.but the units was not connected to any network.

this is the setup

1x Evision Chinese

3x Hd iDVR Chinese

1x H.264 Chinese

3com 8 port 10/100 hub

no documentation for these units only for those 3 Hd iDVR.

i did read the manual and i saw these units has ports like

TCP 34567 and http 80

i would like to ask if any one of you is familliar with these linux based units

is there a way if i change these ports that the dvr gonna be accesable?

the problem is he want to access all these units from single application on mobile phone and also from web browser.

i know this is impossible due to fact that some of these units has diferent media output.

i think this is possible only from web browser.

i was looking online for Evision documentation but could not find anything not even the company.

another thing is the router he has one Linksys WAG354G from2006 this unit has problem to go online you have to disconnect and connect the power many time to get the unit online i have reflashed the firmware but i think this is related to bga chip due to years and heat.

i would like to ask for an advice what is the best router for handling multiple dvrs on one public ip with port forwardings.

just not sure if these units going to work on different ports separately.

i want to assign on each of them the static ip from 192.168.1.100 and so on up to 192.168.1.105

then adding ports 80 81 82 83 84 and the tcp changing to 9000 9001 9002 9003 9005

not sure if these units has media port built and if this has number by default as i have only one documetation.

not even shure of i can use any CMS software where i can hook up these boxes.

could you please let me know what is the best settings for these units and also the router as i have to buy one but need forwarding multiple dvrs on single public ip

they have static ip from ISP .

thanks

Que:- i would like to ask if any one of you is familiar with these Linux based units

is there a way if i change these ports that the DVR gonna be accessible?

Ans:- First of all you have to write all ports and change the http port and rtsp port and server port .

e.g: if your configuration for IP 192.168.1.10 Http port will be 81, you have to type 192.168.1.10:81 to access the dvr respectively you have to change the rest dvr port number.

thanks i know the port forwarding just with manual gonna be better because atleast i gonna know the specification of these chinese boxes.

some of them has ability to change the rtsp port some of them has no.

any good advice for router i was looking online but there is a few brand some of them start over £200.

i saw many company buy the tplink td-w8960n this unit has good ability to port forward but the internal circuit is very cheap.

i owned one and the internal wifi start playing due to heat most component has no radiator fo cooling such as the bga chip or the buffers.

could you advice some fair router?

thanks

You don't need to change the port on the DVR's if your router supports port mapping that allows you to map the DVR port to an external port number of your choosing. For example, the DVR may use RTSP port 554, but you can remap that as 10554 and it will work externally as 10544 and internally as 554.

thanks for advice the problem is the guy has no clue about port mapping not even how to use the computer sometime.

i think i will make him on plain paper guide one by one steps how to watch each dvrs.

any recomendation for good router?

chinese DVRs normally come with the menu setting for you to change the language to English. you can go online and try to follow someone elses instructions to see if you recognise any of the words to change the language. I would suggest if you cant, just find someone who can read Chinese to do it for you. Usually your local CCTV would be able to, as most of us who are in the business recognise the words, but they will obviously charge for this service.

chinese DVRs normally come with the menu setting for you to change the language to English. you can go online and try to follow someone elses instructions to see if you recognise any of the words to change the language. I would suggest if you cant, just find someone who can read Chinese to do it for you. Usually your local CCTV would be able to, as most of us who are in the business recognise the words, but they will obviously charge for this service.